HybridZ
bschiltz

Seat swap list

I've got a spare set of 914 seats - how hard was it to mount them?

Well, I'm ghetto and I just custom fabricated some square bar onto a thicker piece of sheet metal, mainly because the shell I have had some interior rust (Previous owner didnt garage a rag top). I also like to sit higher than most.

I have no idea if the seats themselves fit in the original sliders or anything, because my car was completely stripped of everything when I bought it. Actually, I don't even know if Z's have seat slider's or what the original seat components look like at all.

No banging and hammering, though.

Guest treblaz

I am new to this site. Given the response, I will be sure to support the site the best I can.

I have a few options now. Time to do some numbers

treblaz

Mazda Mx6 seat with a sparco sprint seat.

seat31.jpg

I have the one Mazda Mx6 seat in queue at the local upholsterer, although I'm not sure if I'm going to use them or not. They are not as light as I would like them to be, and they require some serious mods to get them to sit low enough in my 240Z. prepare yourself for lots of cutting and grinding. (please note that I also needed to modify the passenger side extensively because my battery is mounted between the seat rails, so your results may vary.)

The Sparco seat is a great budget fixed back seat and has served me (and others when the Z was in paint jail. ) well for the last 7 years of Z ownership but it is time for my z to switch rolls and I'm looking for something more comfortable for longer trips. I'm seriously considering modifying the stock 240Z seats to accept four point harnesses, and adding bolstering to the bottom and sides while they are disassembled.

Guest treblaz

I like the C5 Seats. Does anyone know if they are wider or sit any higher the originals?

I just spent a day looking for seats at several auto wreckers. I found a set of 2003 Saab 93 seats that should fit in a 240Z. The width is just under 22 inches and the seat rails look like they would be easy to modify. The driver's side seat is powered. No air bags. Price $400.00.

Has anyone installed 2003 SAAB 93 seats in Z?

Miles

I just spent a day looking for seats at several auto wreckers. I found a set of 2003 Saab 93 seats that should fit in a 240Z. The width is just under 22 inches and the seat rails look like they would be easy to modify. The driver's side seat is powered. No air bags. Price for black leather is $400.00.

Has anyone installed 2003 SAAB 93 seats in Z?

Miles

N13 series (1987-1990) Nissan Pulsar NX seats seem to be plentiful, lightwieght, and fairly easy to install. These are smallish for my fat arse. I'm 5"10 with 40" waist. These are still more comfortable than the worn out stock seats.

Today, I pulled the black leather front seats out of a 93 Saab 9000 CSE. I had to abandon the seat computer, fore & aft gear, and the hieght adjustment automation, otherwise they would never fit in the S30. I can keep the lumbar support, heat, and motorized recline. These seats are very comfortable. $40 at the junkyard. Looks like it will be easy to make the Z sliders work on the Saab seat frame.

They are leather with power and heat (don't have the heat hooked up yet). Had to trim the plastic pockets off the outside of both seats, then they fit perfectly. About the same headroom and legroom as the stock 72 seats.

Does the seat control irritate your thigh? This is one of reason, I traded in

my '04 350Z.

Does the seat control irritate your thigh? This is one of reason, I traded in

my '04 350Z.

No, the seat controls don't contact my thigh. They are recessed below the surface of the seat. My seats I think are 05, and and they are almost identical to 06 350Z seats. I'm 6'0 and 200 lbs. They fit me perfectly.

I just bought a pair of 98 Integra GSR black leather seats for $240 and installed them. They fit perfectly, look like they belong on the car, and the stock seat belts are still usable without modification. Removing the GSR seat rails was a bit of a pain due to the many spot welds that I had to drill out. Once I got the seat rails off I installed two pieces of steel flat stock 1/8" x 4"W 18"L across where the GSR seat rails used to attach at the front and rear of the seat. Then I bolted the Z sliders to the flat stock after a test fit in the car. The GSR seats are much more supportive especially in the lumbar area.

Miles

3-1.jpg

Corbeau a4s. great for anybody whos under 6'1 ish. im 5'9 so its a great fit with plenty of support. Does raise you about 3 inches thou (compared to stock seats). Seats are also much taller and a little wider. Only issue is that it touches the door panel when the door is closed. i can live with that thou.

this is a pretty bad pic. once i put my dash and interior pic in ill take better pics.

I'll post pics up later, but I've got Prelude (mid-late 90's) seats in mine. They fit great. All I did was bend the mounting tabs on the bottom of the seats (they were originally set at about a 45 degree bend), to a 90 degree bend, then I fabbed some spacers out of some metal tubing that I found at the hardware store, I then had to drill new holes into the stock seat mounting cross members, inserted some longer bolts through the spacers and voila!!! Excuse the mess, I'm rewiring....

Edit:

100_07081.jpg

100_0709.jpg

100_07111.jpg

100_0713.jpg

Would any of these swaps be good for someone around 6'3"/6'4"?

the cloth 350z seats. I'm 5'7 and had to add 3 of the spacer washers to raise the seat high enough (about an inch), and I still have plenty of headroom with my helmet on.