HybridZ

Aftermarket Fuel Rail, Domestic Injectors, Help Needed

Booztd 3

Guys

I purchased the JGY Fuel Rail a while back and at that time they stated that it was designed for domestic type (14mm injectors) They said that the fuel rail comes with mounting tabs for the RB26 and RB26 configuration and that they recommended Precision Injectors for the application.

Well I went to start configuring everything last night and ran into a few issues and thought I'd ask for help.

At first I noticed that the stock injectors are much shorter than the domestic type ones I have....

Fuel_01.JPG

So after removing the stock fuel rail and injectors I decided to sit this rail down into position with one of the injectors in place. The fuel injector doesnt even come close to seating into the manifold......I'm assuming I'm going to just have to re-drill new holes on the mounting tabs to get teh fuel rail to sit closer? Also, I dont believe I should be using the stock rubber injector grommets that sit in the manifold, because these have the o-rings right? Here's a pic of the positioning, notice the injector sits too far out

Fuel_02.JPG

Now I tried just removing the mounting tabs, and removing the rubber grommet that sits in the intake manifold, just to see how the fuel injector would seat. It does not make a good seat, and doesnt seem like it would seal very well

Fuel_03.JPG

If anyone has any tips and suggestions on how they did it, I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks

Andy

A little confusion here. The stock RB26 injector is the one on the right of your photo.

Does the injector on the left even seal properly in the intake manifold? The RB26 gasket sets come with new rubber seals. So take out and toss the old ones.

Does the injector on the left even seal properly in the intake manifold? The RB26 gasket sets come with new rubber seals. So take out and toss the old ones.

It seats in there but doesnt seem like it creates a good seal........however JGY told me these were designed for precision injectors, so I dont see whats wrong here

Looking at JGY's website, the fuel rail allows RB25's to use top feed injectors like those in the RB20 and RB26. Perhaps they make shorter mounting brackets? You will have to call them and ask.

Personally from the photos, I do not think the injector on the left will even work properly. When I get home tonight I will compare the oem RB20 rail to the RB26. They look simular. Also I have a Bee R aluminum fuel rail. I will look at their dimensions.

rbrailnew.jpg

"You want, we made it. (pictured is the prototype, finished units are now in stock!) RB20 and RB25 JGY fuel rail - $159 It also fits the Greddy intake manifold. This will allow the use of top feed injectors on the RB25 (as the stock ones are side feed). It allows the use of an aftermarket or stock style FPR. As with all our fuel rails, fitment is guaranteed and warranteed"

i've got the jgy rail and those exact injectors (the ones on the left) on my rb25 ... i just installed them the other night and they fit. if you look at my post "pics of some progress" a little down the page i had an injector fitment question similar to yours. there definately is no gap between the injector oring and the inner injector hole with mine. i only used 2 out of the 5 tabs thou. i tried to use all 5 at first and they didnt line up correctly. i could eitehr install the bottom 3 or the top 2, but not both sets. the bottom 3 put the rail too far from the manifold for the injectors to touch (maybe this is what you did) but when i mounted them with the top 2 mounts (the 2 smaller mounting brackets bolted into the 2 upper mounting holes) the injectors are pushed as far into the holes as they will go.

if you look at my post you'll see the question i have about that thou. i havent started the car so i dont know yet if they're seated well enough.

i can take pics tonight and post them though when i get home from work in a few hours.

here are the pics of my jgy rail/delphi injectors install on my rb25. it's got a x02 "greddy" intake plenum

Picture%20001.jpg

Picture%20002.jpg

Picture%20003.jpg

Picture%20004.jpg

Picture%20005.jpg

Picture%20006.jpg

as you can see the body of the injector doesnt seat completely into the outer most hole but the oring is really tight to the smaller secondary hole in the manifold. it's not "in" the cavity of that hole thou, i couldnt push them in far enough. they are in enough however to be able to stand up on their own w/o the rail thou, and then when i tightened down the rail they got tighter, so i think it'll work but cant be sure until she's running.

even if i were to push the injectors into the cavity of the 2nd hole, the second hole isnt deep enough for me to stop pushing intime to prevent the oring from ending up completely on the other side of the hole. i dont know which is worse. either way, i just got my injector connectors today so i'm going to try to setup to the megasquirt tonight and see if she idles. i'll report back if they're sealed enough to hold the pressure.