HybridZ

radio panel for my 71 240z

Guest adamngo

Guest adamngo

I cant seem to find a radio/heater panel for my 240z that isnt too expensive, do any 260 or 280z have panels that will fit? or where can i get one cheap?

I cant seem to find a radio/heater panel for my 240z that isnt too expensive, do any 260 or 280z have panels that will fit? or where can i get one cheap?

I saw one on ebay a week ago off of a 72, the bidding ended a few days ago, but i dont think anyone got it, you may wanna check... they pop up on there from time to time

Guest daveoh

Note that the 240 and 260 (1973) are different. The 260 is a lighted panel and the heater plate behind it is different as well. I learned this the hardway buying a 260 plate on ebay, but I found the right heater back. We'll see what goes when I put it all together.

-DJO

I guess someone should note just in case a newbie does read this thread that 240z were last made in 1973. "early" style 260z with 240z bumpers were a 1974 model along with the "late" style with 280z bumpers. 260z were only made for one year....1974

For a NEWBs benefit, that's not an entirely correct statement.

http://www.classiczcars.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26063

Please see post #8.

That may be true but I am 99% sure ALL 260z are titled as 1974 cars. Also the 260z carry its own vin RLS30 which none of the 240z carry. So when I say ALL 260z are 1974 cars that what I meant. Everyone knows not all year models are made in the same exact year meaning a 1973 240z does not only have production dates from 1.1.73-12.31.73 Hopes this info helps and thanks MatMan because it was new info to me also to see they were made that early in '73. Should be the exact reason for the small bumpers on the "early" 260s.