• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Yeah I am running the Supra 440CC injectors.. although I am running MS1 v3.. However.. A buddy of mine has a set of subaru 565 high Z injectors I am thinking about trying. I just need to see if they are the same physical size as the supra ones.(make sure they fit in the rail and intake manifold).. If I do end up switching to these high Z injectors.. do I just turn off PWM in my megatune and retune the car?

Yeah I am running the Supra 440CC injectors.. although I am running MS1 v3.. However.. A buddy of mine has a set of subaru 565 high Z injectors I am thinking about trying. I just need to see if they are the same physical size as the supra ones.(make sure they fit in the rail and intake manifold).. If I do end up switching to these high Z injectors.. do I just turn off PWM in my megatune and retune the car?

Theoretically, you should be able to keep the same VE table and tuning. You would need to change the following:

Required Fuel

Battery voltage correction and injector opening time (maybe)

Acceleration enrichment pulse width

Cranking pulse width

• 1 year later...

I'm using gtr rb26dett injectors yellow top they are low impedance some rbs are high I left the settings the same settings in ms2 as my l28et injectors. Recently my injector bank 2 stopped firing. Could it be my settings in ms done this ? Zya I'll send you my injector to test over the winter. I'm suprised how few of hbz users are not using them . They are Bosch ev1 connector, the size are identical to zxt especially spray pattern and how long they protrude in intake, except o ring top however I used them with hose and clamp never leaked for me.

Hello-

I saw your post on your injectors that you are using in your Turbo motor and wanted to add some info. The majority of injectors that guys are using on this site for their modified turbo cars are for higher flow 4 valve heads. This would mean that most of these injectors are using orifice plates for a spray pattern, and not the older pintle valve style of injectors that came in the Turbo and non-turbo Z engines. Although these injectors can work in the 2 valve Z engine, they are a very poor choice for the Z motor.

The reason for this is that the spray pattern will end up spraying a large percentage of the fuel being atomized on the sides of the manifold and cylinder head, and not directly at the valve as was the originally designed injector. These injectors are also designed to be clocked in a certain position in order to spray correctly in a 4 valve head. So if your going to use a upgraded injector in your engine, the better choice is one of the older pintle valve style injectors that are typically used in modified V8's using a 2 valve head,that have a higher flow rate, and not an injector that is originally designed for a 4 valve head. I attached a photo to show what I'm talking about.

post-4563-077257600 1347201538_thumb.jpg

You are correct on the spraying patterns and atomization of fuel and I made a post concerning this issue quite awhile back thats why I ended up choosing the gtr injector. I was concerned with unburned and that fuel wall effect forgot the terminology. However lots of hbz members have been using 2 or 4 spray type injectors with no issues.

I had actually both supra 440cc and the rb26dett injectors and the supra were off a dohc head with a 4 spray pattern. The gtr injectors were also off a dohc straight 6 and as car much newer but were identical pintle type to older z's. If you search my content im sure it's out somewhere I took some shots with them mounted on intake. At idle I can see this as an issue but if you can imagine at 2000+rpm the high velocity of air and immediate combustion of mixture wouldn't be a big concern.

• 3 months later...

So the verdict was that the 450cc where identical to the 440cc injectors. Im trying to setup MSII with 440cc supra injectors.

I am guessing it should look like this with a v3.0 board:

Injector Dead Time @13.2V(ms) = .9

Battery Voltage Correction(ms/V) = .2

PWM Current Limit(%) = 75

PWM Time Threshold(ms) = 1.2

Injector PWM Period(us) = 50

Didn't see battery voltage correction anywhere so i just left it at .2

• 3 months later...