HybridZ
Mikelly

Windtunnel Testing the Datsun S-30 Z

After reading all of this data and other test results, this is what I get: Install headlight covers (tested), block off a majority of the MSA air dam opening (tested), ensure air is shaped through the radiator (tested), hood vents need to be closer to the back side of the radiator and possibly directed up from underneath (tested). A closed cowl hood, higher center bulge, may help reduce some of the high pressure at the base of the windshield (untested). Fender vents may also help pull air out from the engine bay/firewall zone (tested already?). Whale tail or SDI spoiler will add rear downforce (tested).

How much would running a ZX with the fan on high and rear 1/4 windows open help (relatively)?

After trying to read through all these old post I wonder if anyone has looked into V-mounted radiators and Inter-cooler (IC)?

I am considering this configuration.

Most of the air going into the front of the car, either above or below the bumper would flow up through the IC and the radiator would take its air and blow it down to the ground?

Would this airflow configuration reduce the high pressure created in the engine conpartment?

After trying to read through all these old post I wonder if anyone has looked into V-mounted radiators and Inter-cooler (IC)?

I am considering this configuration.

Most of the air going into the front of the car, either above or below the bumper would flow up through the IC and the radiator would take its air and blow it down to the ground?

Would this airflow configuration reduce the high pressure created in the engine conpartment?

You do not want to direct air underneath the car, but rather the opposite. The radiator should vent to the hood. Simply put, you want air pressure to be higher above the car and lower below the car (aka: downforce).

Well for now Im not putting in the turbo engine, instead Im installing a 5.3LS into it. Im still considering closing off the upper grille (above bumper) and opening up bellow the bumper. The air that goes through the radiator I will vent out the top of the hood. Like this Vette and this GT.

2006 Chevrolet Corvette C6 R Hood Scoop

Ford GT hood

what are your thoughts?