HybridZ

help!!! headlights not working on my 71 240z

Guest adamngo

Guest adamngo

hey everyone, hoping for some help. the headlights arent working, as well as the right front blinker. whats weird is that the high beams work, and the emergency lights work. any suggestions?

Turn signal switches on the early Z's are very poorly designed. They use a positive ground in some of the circuitry, and it can become a nightmare. Buy the least expensive part frist. That certainly is not the headlight cluster. Check for wire connections and especially bad grounds. If all else fails you may have to reharness your wiring system...which in and of itself is not hard and is really the best way to go. Had the same delima as you with the lighting, and it certainly was a pain. I rewired the lightsystem, also purchased a new harness system from a Co. called: "It's A Snap" which you can find on the web. Price was 1/2 half that of Painless, and it is basically the same. I know because my son purchased a Painless and once he saw mine he liked it better, especially the price. Datsun has not made replacement wiring harness for some time, so unless you come across one thats decent to use, you don't have too many options. But, then again you would be dealing with 35+ year old wiring and thats just problems waiting to happen also. Hope that helps?

VAN