HybridZ

Went to the dyno with the GT42r today...

TimZ

Hey Tim, Just checking out your thread. Pretty impressive numbers. Are you planing on running higher octane and bumping up the psi a little more or playing it safe with what you know works?

I have a z31 with 42R as well. However, I am not blessed with the TEC3. I am cursed with the TEC2. I am shooting for 800 to the wheels at roughly 30 psi or so... not on 94 octane though LOL, But we will see what happens this summer hopefully.

Here is a pic of my engine bay last summer, didnt get to the dyno last year because fuel pressure was dropping off dramatically so i ditched the twin walbro's and went with a big pump. Anyways, just wanted to say congrats on the numbers even though I believe it was a little while ago.

intercoolerpipes001.jpg

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Tim, Just checking out your thread. Pretty impressive numbers. Are you planing on running higher octane and bumping up the psi a little more or playing it safe with what you know works?

I have a z31 with 42R as well. However, I am not blessed with the TEC3. I am cursed with the TEC2. I am shooting for 800 to the wheels at roughly 30 psi or so... not on 94 octane though LOL, But we will see what happens this summer hopefully.

Here is a pic of my engine bay last summer, didnt get to the dyno last year because fuel pressure was dropping off dramatically so i ditched the twin walbro's and went with a big pump. Anyways, just wanted to say congrats on the numbers even though I believe it was a little while ago.

Have you come across this new Electromotive forum a guy set up yet? http://electromotivetec.freeforums.org/index.php

Tim: I was wondering if I was maybe seeing a dish that was "off-axis" to the same degree the combustion chamber is. To illustrate my point differently, I was asking if the "bowl" formed by the dish pointed straight up out of the bore, or if it was cocked towards the spark plug side and not of even depth. My question has been answered; sorry to have asked a question so "out of left field" and prone to misinterpretation.

As far as squish goes, it seems to me that matching your pieces, and preparing and controlling your motor well and with proper techniques, matter more than anything else. Quench or open chamber, the power is there.. IF you can build it.

Actually, I've only hinted at it so far, but I'm going to give E85 a shot in the spring. I've been doing some work with the fuel system to ensure compatibility, but so far the conversion hasn't been too terrible. 105 octane and lower EGTs for about the same price as 91 (after correcting for the added fuel consumption) is pretty attractive.

Actually, the TEC2 is still a pretty capable unit, provided you don't need alot of bells and whistles. The main problem is with the software that they provide.

Looks very impressive!