HybridZ

Clutches...

Phyxius

Okay guys... I think it is time for me to give a little back to the Z community, so here goes:

I've been getting regular PM's about my clutches. I don't really have time to have any more made, so I'm going to just post the drawing. There are no dimensions on the drawing, but it is to scale, and any laser-cutter equiped shop can cut clutches from the file. I highly discourage trying to cut this on a cnc mill... due to the hardness of the metal.

All I ask is that if you use this to do a group buy or make your own clutches, consider sending a few dollars my way via paypal... you can pm me for the address.

This is the friction disk file:

http://putstuff.putfile.com/79300/8044996

Also, I made a friction plate file, but never tested it: http://putstuff.putfile.com/79301/5374745

they are both in autocad dxf format which is pretty universal.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
i've had a set of 30 made, trying to sell them now actually. Didn't use your CAD file, but if I ever sell all of these I'll shoot you a few bucks for pioneering the idea!

You should post in the vendor's forum about having had them made. If people are smart you won't be sitting on them very long.

You should post in the vendor's forum about having had them made. If people are smart you won't be sitting on them very long.

Hey Jim,

How many should I buy? 2 or 4?. I'm finally understanding the whole "break-away" thing and if I understand correctly, I should be at about 45lbs stock, and ideal for my everyday driving and occasional perfomance driving would be about 65 'ish lbs?

so being as how they are a little worn, I'm thinking one per side should bring me back to stock and 2 per side should bump me up to about 65 lbs?

Let me know.

Dave.

Hey Wingman,

How much for 2 and or 4?

Hey Jim,

How many should I buy? 2 or 4?. I'm finally understanding the whole "break-away" thing and if I understand correctly, I should be at about 45lbs stock, and ideal for my everyday driving and occasional perfomance driving would be about 65 'ish lbs?

so being as how they are a little worn, I'm thinking one per side should bring me back to stock and 2 per side should bump me up to about 65 lbs?

Let me know.

Dave.

Hey Wingman,

How much for 2 and or 4?

Dave, read this thread: http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=117818

You should buy 4 and that will put you at about 45 lbs breakaway. It's Jon, by the way, not Jim. I get that all the time. I guess I should change my screen name to jonmortensen or something...

• 2 weeks later...