HybridZ

Car vandalized last nite!!!!!

RacerX

There's nothing more distracting than coming out to your vehicle parked in your driveway only to discover the door opened and everything ransacked - Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! It's fortunate that I don't leave anything valuable in it. I brought home some very rare parts from a 1947 Cord I'm working on and my policy is never to leave stuff like this in the car. I'd be in a uncomfortable position if these vandals took the stuff!!!! I certainly hope these persons get caught!!!!!

Thanks for listening!

Ernie/RacerX

Ernie,

Sad to hear that happened to you--what a pain. Let me take you to lunch today if you have the time. I'll be away from HybridZ for the rest of the day, but you have my cell phone and I have your number too. Let's hook up; I'll pick you up.

Davy

I hear you!

Not long ago, I pass by my car (festiva) driving another one.My seats were sitting forward wich I never leave them in that position.So I stopped and checked, My subs and amp were disconected and draged half way,I think either they got caught or they did...I took the subs and amp and put them in a closed.Now I listen to a Ipod....

My locks are damaged, this is what I hate most...

We have a group of teenagers who go through every car in the neighborhood on a regular basis.

They only steal money. No stereos or even CD's. They even leave credit cards alone.

So I bought a wireless alarm system with two motion detectors

http://www.homesecuritystore.com/ezStore123/DTProductZoom.asp?productID=1017

http://www.homesecuritystore.com/ezStore123/DTProductZoom.asp?productID=1019

This thing is great. I put the base station in my bedroom with a motion sensor in the garage and one in the shed. The sensors are battery operated and have been running for months on the original battery. I also got a pair of door contacts which I want to modify and hook up to the dome light on both vehicles. I suppose I could use the motion detectors in the vehicles too.

Of course since I have gotten them the kids quit coming around. But with summer vacation coming on I figure it is only a matter of time.

RacerX,

The exact same thing happened to me. This morning as I was moving the trash can so the garbage man can get it. He pointed out that my passenger's side quarter panel window was broken. I was so pissed at what had happened the whole day I felt out of wack. I couldn't concentrate on my job. My day was just shot because of that. Get this. They took my 10 Disc changer but could not take my stereo. Why. I'm glad you asked. I took the faceplate in the house. So they ran sacked my entire car from the inside. Papers everywhere aaaarrrrgggghhhhh! So believe me when I say I know what you are going through. All I can say is I hope you have insurance cause I didn't.

Had that happen to me a long time ago with a covertible Falcon. They just took a knife and cut a 36" slice in the top to open the door. They stole change, a flashlight, and a jacket. That night as I got home from work a guy walked right past me in the parking garage wearing my jacket. I grabbed the back of his hair and slammed his head into a post. When he fell to the ground I kicked him in the nuts twice and took the jacket. I never said a word and I never saw him again.

Guest SlickSW20

That's a drag, man...it sucks when people mess with your stuff. I just got my car back a couple weeks ago after it was stolen...always a bitch to have to deal with crap like that.

Ernie: I keep telling ya...30 second time delay and a 1/4 stick of C4. Works every time. Sorry about your car. Give me a call if you get a chance. Hey Davy!

I just had a flash of brilliance, 20 second time delay and a flashbang... won't f*ck yer car up too horribly and would set off any alarms nearby, wake the neighbors up, and leave the f*ckers wondering what to do...

Had that happen to me a long time ago with a covertible Falcon. They just took a knife and cut a 36" slice in the top to open the door. They stole change, a flashlight, and a jacket. That night as I got home from work a guy walked right past me in the parking garage wearing my jacket. I grabbed the back of his hair and slammed his head into a post. When he fell to the ground I kicked him in the nuts twice and took the jacket. I never said a word and I never saw him again.

also, i just learned not to f*ck around when johnc's administrating... lol

Did the same thing to a guy I caught in the back of my Ram Charger, with his hands around my mountain bike while straddling the tailgate... it was lifted with 30.5X12 tires and the fall made him bounce twice when he hit the pavement, back first... I played kick ball with his body and then grabbed him by the hair and pulled him out from the back of my Ram Charger... Drove off, and felt damned good doing it... Scum sucking thieves...

I'm old, But much more cranky these days. :2thumbs: I pitty the fool who chooses me as his victim

Mike

John and Mike, you guys are my heros! Those are great stories!!!! They got what they had coming thats for sure.

This happen to me a few weeks ago. I came out to my car in the morning to go work and notice some of my stuff shuffled around. Nothing was stolen. I don't have a CD play or big stereo system in my daily driver, didn't really have any loose change, but I did have my fourwheeler helmet laying there....apparently thieves aren't into helmets? Sure gave me a weird feeling about some jackass routing through my stuff! If I would have caught them I think I would have been in the same situation as John and Mike!

Guy

I read this thread last night and low and behold I go out to my Z this morning and someone went through all my crap!!! GRR!! They didnt find anything to steal cuz I dont even have a stereo yet, but they dug through my rubbermaid box of fluids, jumper cables etc. I HATE THIEVES!!

OFF with their hands!!