HybridZ

New CV Joint, Diff conversion, brake swap in the Works!

What ever happen to Ross' 40 spine stubs? I thought he was working on that for you?

Ross has chosen not to answer my emails and PMs on this subject so I'm looking elsewhere. I plan to do my engine swap sometime soon after the Daytona convention and would like to have the stub axle solution by that time.

• 2 weeks later...

Free bump for a fresh update... :-P

More pics, getting closer to getting it finished!

Stout steel dogbone:

ZDOGBONE2.jpg

ZDOGBONE.jpg

Forward diff mount:

ZFORWARDMOUNT2.jpg

Forward diff mount, powdercoated gunmetal grey finish:

ZFORRWARDDIFFMOUNT.jpg

Strut casings, bare, setup for coilovers:

ZREARCASING1.jpg

ZREARCASING2.jpg

Full rear coilovers with weld in camber plates, complete:

ZREARCOILOVERSCP.jpg

Full rear coilovers with stock upper mounts:

ZREARCOILOVERSSTOCK.jpg

Heavy Duty Swaybar drop mounts:

ZSWAYBARDROPMOUNT.jpg

ZSWAYBARDROPMOUNT2.jpg

Swaybar mounted on Dogbone:

ZSWAYBAR.jpg

Rear hub mount:

hubmount.jpg

Hi All,

Here is a question for you concerning this setup. Have you looked at addressing the issue of drive angles. What I mean is that in the very early 240Z the rear housing was forward a bit, as talked about in this thread: http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=124522 Called Non-Conventional Differential Options started by Mikelly, addressed by johnc in post #22.

To me if this was an issue then you could solve it pretty easily as part of your setup.

Just a thought!

HB280ZT

I don't get it.... a thread gets started promoting a new upcoming bada$$ product, but then after the masses get excited, we can't get a response back, or a update after numerous requests.... :iospalo:

I am with you dude.

I grow really tired of folks boosting about something they are going to produce for the masses and then promising the moon and the stars. Then disappearing, never to be heard from again.

Its almost like they get off by getting all the attention and getting all our hopes up.

I don't know anymore, I don't even get my hopes up anymore. I guess its like the old saying, "I'll believe it when I see it".

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...