HybridZ

Need help with a dead cylinder

In my ’92 240sx I just lost #3, stock KA engine. Compression is at 150 swapped plugs and wires still the same. I just got done cleaning the intake manifold with a slow drip into the intake manifold. How can I test the injector? I did not put any injector cleaner in it, and when I finished the cleaning it ran great. I let it sit for an hour and after starting it up #3 is dead. Suggestions? The plug is black and the rest are white…

Have you checked the inside of the cap? Make sure it's clean and the contacts aren't worn down too far. Also look for any marking or debris in there. just to give you an idea of how sensetive a distributer can be, an old trick to mess with someone was to draw a line inside the cap with a pencil. The lead would scater the spark and make it run like ♥♥♥♥.

Have you checked the inside of the cap? Make sure it's clean and the contacts aren't worn down too far. Also look for any marking or debris in there. just to give you an idea of how sensetive a distributer can be, an old trick to mess with someone was to draw a line inside the cap with a pencil. The lead would scater the spark and make it run like ♥♥♥♥.

new cap and rotor, all good there... see why I'm stumped...

did you try grounding the plug outside the cylinder to see if it has spark? If it's got spark, and compression is good, go down to autozone and see if they have an injector pulser and fuel pressure tester. You should be able to rent the tools for a small amount if not free (at least with the one here, anyway).