Carbon Fiber rear taillight panel

aziza z

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i'd really like a set too....reading through the post you say it isn't one piece? but the uncut ones are one piece? but put me down..i've been waitin for some to come out for the 240.

that piece is the way they come when they are then cut out (its less material = less cost too) Plus not all the cars are the same so thats why its still a 3 piece. i was just using the pic as a reference for custom taillights. And for the answer to the custom taillight dimensions it is about 11.5 x 5.

that piece is the way they come when they are just made to save materials. They are then cut out. I was just using the pic as a reference for custom taillights. And for the answer to the custom taillight dimensions it is about 11.5 x 5.

I don't understand something hopefully you can fix that..lol.

When the CF panels are produced they come one piece then they are cut in halfs and the tail lights dimensions cut out? Why doesn't it stay one piece and have the tail lights cut out or is there something I am missing? Also you did say he can sell it just as it is then left up to us to cut out "custom" lights for those who have changed from the stock 240z......so I am wondering if I could just get it in one piece and cut out the 240z lights so it wouldn't be a two piece. Do you know how to cut CF.....and will it crack? I have no hands on skill with CF. Anyway thanks again for posting this.....they look great!

Guy's it looks like it's made in one piece, but it's not wide enough to fit.

IMG_0414.jpg

If I understood correctly from what aziza z posted earlier, it installs using the stock center piece.

duh!!!!!!! Nevermind my stupid question. I didn't even realize from the picture it was not wide enough.....thanks Bartman.

Clive

Looks like there is a gap where the license plate goes? why not make a full 1 piece or at least make both halfs long enough to cover in full.

I've heard (and somebody correct me if i'm wrong) that the horizontal distance isnt always the same from one z to the other and thats why the stock piece was made in 3 pieces.

Jon

I think thats perfect, if you have to have a piece of CF between the license plate and the license plate light then you should have plenty left when you cut out the hole for one of the tail lights.

Besides if he wanted to he could save on shipping costs cutting it in half and putting the two pieces in a smaller box.

OK I vote for this guy to make Carbon Fiber factory shaped 240 Z door panels. If they were simple enough you could make the 240 Z and the 280 Z out of the same mold. :icon14:

Aziza, not meaning to thread jack, but are you not running the silver trim that inserts into the rear glass and windshield weatherstrip? Or are you running it but painted it black? Thanks

I think thats perfect, if you have to have a piece of CF between the license plate and the license plate light then you should have plenty left when you cut out the hole for one of the tail lights.

Besides if he wanted to he could save on shipping costs cutting it in half and putting the two pieces in a smaller box.

OK I vote for this guy to make Carbon Fiber factory shaped 240 Z door panels. If they were simple enough you could make the 240 Z and the 280 Z out of the same mold. :icon14: