HybridZ

Carbon Fiber rear taillight panel

aziza z

Thanks for all the help and input regarding the 260Z rear lights.

It now appears that our Carbon Fiber panels will only be a simple direct replacement for 240Z's. Anyone with a 260Z or 280Z will have some modification work to do if they want to use them - its not that hard a conversion but then you could use the Euro lights as well.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

All I have to say that these 240z CF pieces are awesome. they look very good. I am extremely pleased with the product initially. I have not had the opportunity to fit them yet. but when comparing them to the steel pieces , I don't see any issues

Communication was great from Steve. He kept me updated on when paypal was recieved and when he was shipping.

in the brand new box that contained the bubble wrapped parts was also a sheet giving fitting and mounting advice.

top notch product and sevice/support

just for any one wondering about these...i"m a happy customer and am very pleased with them

having someone produce a product like this is awesome. from the looks of it the fabric is perfect. show car quality. it is nice to see that there are people out there waiting to do something correctly rather than rush it along and sacrifice quality. i hope you guys will make some other carbon fiber parts for the 240s and the other Z cars.

just as a thought.. in the spirit of American capitalism why not put them on ebay.. have your reserve be $275 (the price you need) and then see who wants them bad enough. anyone who feels they need to have them right now can pay you lots of money for them right now. and other people can wait.. you might want to give guys who posted up on here that they wanted some first dibs though or something along those lines... just a thought to help make these panels well worth your time.

Thanks for the positive comments on the CF panels, Zach - I'm glad you're happy with your purchase.

LS1 240Z - your comments are very appriciated and the suggestion for other parts has been noted.

And we are planning on eventually selling these on Ebay as well at some point- just as soon as we've filled all the orders from the forum and we have some spare panels to sell.

• 2 weeks later...

To answer some of the questions that have we have been getting - and to give the thread a bit of a bump.

a) Yes, the panels are still available and currently there is no waiting list - orders are normally shipped within 48 hrs of receiving payment.

B) The Carbon Fiber Panels are made using a resin infusion process (vacuum bagging) - this creates a superior quality piece with uniform thinkness and excellent surface finish. Although more labor intensive to manufacture, the infusion/vacuum method will consistantly produce a qualty part.

c) We can ship worldwide and have already sold sets to Sweden and the UK.

Thanks for all the great support

Steve.

I have recived my panel, and must say that it's awsome! The finish is so tight and I'm extremly happy whit it. Thanks Steve for everything:-o

Christian

To answer some of the questions that have we have been getting - and to give the thread a bit of a bump.

a) Yes, the panels are still available and currently there is no waiting list - orders are normally shipped within 48 hrs of receiving payment.

B) The Carbon Fiber Panels are made using a resin infusion process (vacuum bagging) - this creates a superior quality piece with uniform thinkness and excellent surface finish. Although more labor intensive to manufacture, the infusion/vacuum method will consistantly produce a qualty part.

Thanks for all the great support

Steve.

When mine arrive in the UK Steve, if the guy helping me engineer my car likes them (he will, he has a SERIOUS carbon fibre fetish ... that is how fibre is spelt in ENGLISH) then he will order a set too, straightaway. The pictures look fantastic, top quality. Looking forward to getting them.

One big thank you - your communication, sending an invoice, confirming funds have arrived, confirming the planned shipping date etc has been excellent. Makes it a pleasure buying stuff.

Hey Steve,

I have not had a chance to let you know but I did receive my packages about 2 weeks ago. They look 100 times better in person then on photos. I wanted to say that doing business with you has been a pleasure. Great communication throughout the entire deal. As soon as it quits raining I am going to install them on the car and I will post some pictures. Thanks man! Looking forward to future business.

The feedback from our first sales have been great and I'd like to personally thank those members who decided to take the plunge and buy a set - I know when a new product appears on the market place and no one has any real idea of how good it may be or the reliability of the seller, it is these first few buyers that take the risk for everyone else. I'm pleased that our panels have been so well received and hopefully this will help those out there that may have had reservations.

Also I'd like to let everyone know that we have now started to sell the CF panels on Ebay and the listing can be found here -

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=013&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&viewitem=&item=230204014139&rd=1

And finally I'd like to mention that Motorsport Auto have agreed to stock the panels and they should have them available in the New Year.

So, how long do you figure you'll be holding out on producing the direct replacement for the 280Z owners out here???

there are direct replacement 280z panels already, posted by jangholt.

just not from grndfx. but if you can't wait, they are about the same price and look good.

• 4 weeks later...

Got the panels yesterday and I am DELIGHTED with them, they are really top quality... THANK YOU.

I had an email from USPS on 18th December saying they had tried to deliver them in the UK but I had no card left, no letter, nothing. Contacted USPS who did not know which delivery company in the UK had them (DOH !)

Lots of ringing round later I found them yesterday and went to fetch them.

WELL WORTH IT .... roll on the centre console, heater control panel, door panels, tubes for inside the headlight scoops, etc etc etc . If you decide to do any of them put me in for the first lot :-)

Apart from the dim postal people it was effortless buying these from you, you kept me informed when you recieved the order, the money, when the shipment was due to go out, when it went, that is very very unusual in my experience. I would have no problem buying again on trust - your word is very obviously good enough !!!

• 2 weeks later...