HybridZ

How to wire your Lsx engine?

I have been searching the faq’s and have visited dozens of posts :banghead: could someone PLEASE post a definitive wiring how-to for the ls1. :hail: Calling all you electrical brainiacs I actually have a 5.3 but I feel that if I had a sticky or found a post with a step by step “how to wire your Z for a lsx†I could make the adjustments. I signed up for Alldata and got the pinouts for my engine but I need some more help, someone in a post stated that you should begin by attaching your harness to a 4’ by 4†wooden board they mentioned a couple other steps but then the post got of track. The sticky on brakes walked me through my 4 piston conversion now I need help with the wiring. I just read the post from Oricle and I feel that if there was a sticky on wiring that would make his decision to proceed with the Lsx an easier one.

im planning on going with the speartech wiring harness, I know mas280 (i think thats his name) is modifing the stock harness to work with z cars. He did it for sergios ls2 powered 280z. Try sending him a pm im sure he could help you.

thanks for the info.. I considered Speartech and Painless but i got the original harness for 150.00 uncut and complete so i am trying to avoid spending the extra 700+. I already have to hide all this money i am spending on this car from my wife.:-D

Use the search function to find all the help I got from Mas280. There really isn't a "how to", but it really isn't that hard if you have the pin outs. Just eliminate all the stuff you don't need and solder up the stuff you do.

Mike

Guest Grenade300

Just FYI, I know you don't want to spend a lot of extra $$$ on a stand alone harness, but you can send in an origional wire harness in good condition and the some companies (speartech for sure) will re-work your origional harness to be stand alone for a lot less than a new one.

I used a stand alone harness on my swap and it made life a lot easier.

Scott