HybridZ

wangan midnight animated series

Guest Death69

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just received my copies 2 days ago, bought them off ebay. What a blast, great quality fun watching. I just wish the sub titles were a bit more detailed, in many cases they end mid sentence.

The only thing Im finding is the sound will only work on my newer DVD. My old box will not pick up the sound track once out of the menu screen...format??

Anybody else buy the official DVDs on Ebay? You can get subtitled episodes 1-12 on two different DVDs. They don't cost a lot either.

I just received my copies 2 days ago, bought them off ebay. What a blast, great quality fun watching. I just wish the sub titles were a bit more detailed, in many cases they end mid sentence.

The only thing Im finding is the sound will only work on my newer DVD. My old box will not pick up the sound track once out of the menu screen...format??

how many episodes come with what you've bought off ebay?

Guest Black_MKII

my self, i got up to episode 18, the whole is gonna end on the 25'th episode...

but the problem it is Raw, so yeah no subs, but still kick@$$...

how do you know its out?

The only place to find subtitles is from http://wmexpressway.net. and he hasn't finished subbing it.

there were some DVD's made that went to ep. 12 but that was some ebay thing and i never heard much about it. Some other people on here know about that.

but ep. 12 will be out officially subbed by Superjakko within the week...so it should be out pretty soon anyway.

No I'm pretty positive 12 is done. I can't find it but like the guy said a few post up the ebay ones that are all subbed out are episodes 1-12. They are done and ready to be shipped. I'm thinking about buying them within the week so I'll let you know.

No I'm pretty positive 12 is done. I can't find it but like the guy said a few post up the ebay ones that are all subbed out are episodes 1-12. They are done and ready to be shipped. I'm thinking about buying them within the week so I'll let you know.
The ebay thing is a scam from what I've heard.

The guys who have subbed 7-11 have not finished 12 yet.

• 4 weeks later...
The ebay thing is a scam from what I've heard.

The guys who have subbed 7-11 have not finished 12 yet.

The ebay thing IS a scam. they're basically bootlegs with english subtitles added in. since in japan they haven't released an english subtitled version, nor has it been released in the US

I don't know if they're actually a scam. I have the first two DVDs (1-6 and 7-12) and the packaging looks pretty official to me. Some of the subtitles aren't the greatest but at least I can watch them in my living room on the big screen. The DVD with volumes 13-18 just came out and I already ordered it from the guy that I bought the first two from. He sends me an email when each new release is available. For $15.99 shipped I think it's a good deal. His Ebay ID is yumiko08 and I recommend him as a seller.

you'd be surprised how far they go to make them look legit. Here's the big question. what REGION is the dvd. the official DVD's (the only ones released really) are Region 2 dvds. Scammed copies of dvds are generally Region ALL.

there's a big scam going on with a video game called Melty Blood. what these guys do, is make a dvd version called Melty Blood ReAct Final Tuned (ReAct is an expansion) but they make it as 1 dvd instead of 2cd's. you would NEVER suspect that it was not a legit copy, and most people that own it, never know it's not legit till they try to apply the english patch. (which requires the original copies) btw Geneon Entertainment produces the dvds

I would say the ebay scam is worse since they're illegal copies. that, and fansubs are better quality.

anyways the legit dvd's from japan (region 2) are 60 bucks each...pretty insane but japanese dvd's cost a ton.

i was half asleep when I said that first line. Basically, what I ment was, buying the dvds isn't really worth it, since you can download a better quality version from the fansubs. either way, you're not giving any money back to the people who actually produced the shows, since the ebay versions are bootlegs.