HybridZ

wangan midnight animated series

Guest Death69

Just saw the first episode, Im happy they are follwing the storyline so well but comparing to the manga...the anime seems less dramatic and not as mature. Then again i wasn't a fan of 4th stage, it killed inital D for me. The cars in WM don't look as aggressive as their manga counterparts for example the blackbird doesn't really have a wide low body and his wheel arent even flush lol. Also i thought the intro song was a bit silly and the devil Z needs to sound meaner! like in this

i know it sound like im bashing but its only because i loved the manga so much and the anime seems so...lame? so far

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Death69

i feel ya man. when i first saw blackbird in the manga i thought it was one of the meanest porshces id seen. you can never expect an anime to be exactly like the manga just like you cant really expect a movie to be the exact same as the book.

Guest 280ZForce

So I happen to have a copy of the real Wangan Midnight 1st movie, the live action people movie that is. Supposedly, there is a total of 7 movies! So time an patience may help me get them. :wc:

No English subtitles and I DO NOT THINK IT WILL EVER GET TRANSLATED.

But if any one is interested I can burn DVDs and sell them to you guys.

Let me know.

So I happen to have a copy of the real Wangan Midnight 1st movie, the live action people movie that is. Supposedly, there is a total of 7 movies! So time an patience may help me get them. :wc:

Let me know.

you can post them in stormberry.tv or have someone there translate them....

Let me know.

Will they play on a regular DVD player or just the computer? I got a set but they only play on the computer which isn't what I wanted.

I cant believe the zeto betrayed him twice. I thought for sure if he had the right key and the girl beside him he could keep it inline. Looking forward to the 3rd. I havent read the manga nor seen the whole story. This is all pretty kewl.

Joe

Guest 280ZForce
Will they play on a regular DVD player or just the computer? I got a set but they only play on the computer which isn't what I wanted.

If you send them to me I'm pretty sure I can convert them to play on dvd player and then send them back to you.

Send me a PM if your interested.

Do you have the whole set?

I've even been talking to my friends about doing the translation ourselves w/ English subtitles.

Ok for fun the goal of this is now to identify all the modifications to the Devil Z for you own build?

It is a First generation S30. So the finder mirrors are stock for Japan?

It has a 7 point role cage? I can see the lower seat bar and the rear x.

It has a blow through triple carburetor L28 with twin turbo and an intercooler.

It has a lower suspension with front brake upgrades.

It has painted flares? What type?

What is the front air dam and is there a spoiler?

The speedometer shows 240 + KMH with 100 KMH = 70 MPH that is a 170 MPH on the speedometer.

My feelings on the 2 crashes is that the front end is light on the 240 over 120 MPH so with the racers coming out of the tunnel and crowing a hill the front end is light ruslting in air under the car and the rear end is off the ground so attempting to change lines results in undearsteear?

Guest Death69

fender mirrors are stock in japan. it does have a roll cage cause the previous owner had put one into it. the flares are ZG flares painted to match the car. Im not sure what the front air dam is because i havent see any (in real life) that have the fog light build in like that. and there is a spoiler.and the car is known as the Devil z for a reason :)

If you send them to me I'm pretty sure I can convert them to play on dvd player and then send them back to you.

Send me a PM if your interested.

Do you have the whole set?

I've even been talking to my friends about doing the translation ourselves w/ English subtitles.

You know Justin, If you go to WMEXPRESSWAY.NET, see if the dude who is fan subbing wangan right now would team up with ya to translated it :D. OMFG=ONE MAN FANSUB GROUP. Unfortunately its true that the title speaks for itself. Hes translating it himself. hes looking for staff for though.

Guest Gensaiken
I cant believe the zeto betrayed him twice. I thought for sure if he had the right key and the girl beside him he could keep it inline.

Hah, I'm begining to think they are just going to end every episode like that :lol:

Anyways, I just joined because you guys are Nissan / Datsun folks actively talking about this anime. Plus this anime has got me a little more interested in a Z. Not exactly a good thing since I already got enough projects and not enough money!

The Devil Z has inspired me. I have converted my front marker lights to be like those in the anime. The split with the orange lense.. I think it looks good.

Anyways, I think the animation of this series is pretty cool. Opening song is not too bad. I like this Initial D style of animating the people and the cars too look like they are on the same plane of reality, instead of the first Season of Intial D. :roll:

I hope they pump out some new episodes soon. This is one of the few series where I enjoy watching it raw and then agian with the subs.