HybridZ

Another SR20 Question

jessejames

Hi all, I've been searching around looking for answers to my questions. It would be nice if all the information was in one place instead having to do 50 searches. Anyways here goes. I have a 73 240z. I'm looking at installing an SR20 - not sure which model. I Plan on buying a clip from a silvia to help with parts. From what i understand I will need custom made motor mounts and mounts for the transmission. Does anyone sell mounts for this conversion? Next can I use my stock rear end? I understand the my driveshaft has to be shortened. How much shorter does it have to go? How much power can it take? If I want to keep the motor stock can i use the wiring harness and the ECU from the silvia? or will I have to go with a standalone. I was planning on just running a custom 3inch down pipe and exhaust. Thanks to all who have any positive input.

you need to make your own engine an trans mounts.

the best way is to fit the entire electrical install with oem ecu from your sylvia clip.

you need to change the fuel lines of the z.

the measure of the driveshaft depends on the engine position.

and yes you can use your stock rear end.

i hope this helps.

• 1 month later...
Hi all, I've been searching around looking for answers to my questions. It would be nice if all the information was in one place instead having to do 50 searches. Anyways here goes. I have a 73 240z. I'm looking at installing an SR20 - not sure which model. I Plan on buying a clip from a silvia to help with parts. From what i understand I will need custom made motor mounts and mounts for the transmission. Does anyone sell mounts for this conversion? Next can I use my stock rear end? I understand the my driveshaft has to be shortened. How much shorter does it have to go? How much power can it take? If I want to keep the motor stock can i use the wiring harness and the ECU from the silvia? or will I have to go with a standalone. I was planning on just running a custom 3inch down pipe and exhaust. Thanks to all who have any positive input.

I am now selling my set up pictured below.

It includes the modified x-member that's beed powder coated & comes with adjustable LCA camber kit, red urethane mounts, & custom fab'd engine brackets.

I am now going power steering & my car being RHD doesn't leave enough room for the boss/head of the MX-5 (Miata P/S rack). But there is plenty of room for LHD cars.

No mods are needed, just bolt it in.

Nick.

enginebay4rq8.jpg

enginebay50ud.jpg