Broken Modern Motorsports billet stub axle

jbc3

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Can you post a link to the 40 spline axles i cant find them.

I would like to see the complete setup if anyone has one done. 40 spline stubs combined with chomoly cv axles and a r200 with an auto sounds pretty strong to me considering some people are getting into the low nines with stock stuff!!!

• 2 months later...

Stony, only pics we have are what Ben took as it was a rush for his race event (he beat some skylines as I recall that protested as he was missing doortrim!). Combo included the Billet Z31 stub axles (larger spindle than the OEM ones!) with a 41 spline and then custom bearing/distance spacer with new upsized bearings to suit with the custom mating 41 spline companion flange to the Z31 4 bolt CV axles. Ben ran this configuration with the R200 CLSD. Many advantages gained, the larger diameter gave a greater strength naturally from the greater cross section. But the 41 spline was another great strength addition, reduced the depth of cut into this cross section required while keeping excellent spline engagement.

I need more marketing sense to always get these early pics that I sometimes miss! My brain likes to stick on the tech side too often! A switch and doing some reply posts tonight:-).

We're looking at the options to putting these into Z housings right now. These we'd guarantee;), even for Jody. Intended to have this a while back but got delayed with some design priorities.

I see posts above 'I'm watching', well I did post #23 or thereabouts but hadn't revisited till today so please don't assume/if you want something please feel free to drop me an email:smile:. A number of new setups forthcoming shortly from us not counting this beefy Z stub axle project.

I would be very interested in a set of larger axles. I have the r200 lsd 3.70 rear end with added clutches, MM's cv conversion and billet adapters but stock 280 stubbs and they last for a half dozen to 2 dozen launches in a 10 second Z and snap they go.

I am afraid to hit the juice anymore for fear of snapping one and hitting the wall. My 9 second time slip is still a dream until I do something about the axles.

Mike/Zfan

From the way Ross is taking it sounds like the ultimate s30 stub axle is not too far away!

If MM can supply a complete kit (incl bearings etc) to fit these new Z31 style 41 spline stub axles into our S30 strut housings, how great will that be.

Anxiously waiting......

You said it well Brother!! I'm down for this set up myself...

Get bizzy Ross... :)

Jody et al, thanks for the vocal support! We'll get you hooked up again Jody:wink:.

And can't have you holding back Mike, I want some video's for our all new incoming website/shop! You build that power and the rest of the car and we want to see it maximized.

Get bizzy Ross... :)

Got a chuckle out of me their, had lots underway some items slow right up at the vendor/design step before manufacture. Need a longer flamethrower to keep the heat on 'em! All new incoming website/webshop which will make customer experience for both information and shopping including checkout much easier. And on our back end side it'll be much easier to keep products shown current. A number of products we've been selling not on present site as it's just a dinosaur to work with, not much longer!

New beefed Z stub axles, new differential mounting options in full packages plus others.

Just commented on the other 33/35 spline thread on these same beefy bulletproof Z stub's in the making,

"Our design was done a while back but our goto for finishing this package has been inundated with projects but finally we've got their nose to the grindstone successfully! (sorry Rick, I just didn't have the heart to say it was still parked!) If we're in agreement then it should certainly be a solution without boring required but I'll know far more next week as their design check with my own is being progressed over this weekend and early this week.

We've already got a short list of site members that'll be adding these to their present Modern Motorsports drivetrain parts. Next week I'll have details confirmed but we'd expect to see them available this spring. It's truly fun seeing what you guys can crank out for power and performance from these Z's!

On a similar note another of our longer term projects is nearly done. Will include a full differential mounting setup for the later R200's and R230's. We've long had the billet R200/R230 CV adaptors and replacement center axles for our customers. Now they won't have to sort their own differential mounts out. Will include full front mount, rear mustache and rear crossover. Will also include the less common later R200 with the 5lug side flanges. More info forthcoming on this (pricing will be finalized when productions costs finalized) but certainly available this spring and first few spoken for by site members including an install by a site guru. Always great to see the support."

• 1 month later...

Been busy! Two new packages to announce!

Even Beefier Billet Stub axles with 49% more strength than our present billet stub axles that have been so well proven! Keep your Datsun IRS while running your 700 and higher ft/lbs of torque:flamedevi Easily upgrade to massive strength while retaining your present rear brakes and suspension already optimized for your Z!

39 spline stub axles that plug and play into Z strut housings without modification and with factory bearings! http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=132063

And now our R200V/R230V shortnose differential full mounting setups being proven in prototype and production out within 3-4 weeks time tops!

http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=132062

Thanks again to your commitment and support of our full lineup! Can't wait to see more pics and vids of these wicked builds!

Just ordered a pair of the new 39 spline axles and companion flanges from Ross at Modern Motorsport. Can't wait to go to the track and get that 9 second pass:biggrin:.

I snap those stock 280z, 27 splines like pretzels:eek: