HybridZ

Dual Exhaust on a ZX

V8_DatZun

I will soon be needing the exhaust on my ZX done. I've thought about side pipes that look sort of like nerf bars that are on a truck.. but that i believe may be too low and cause issues clearing speed bumps etc... What sort of dual exhaust are you other guys running. I have a 383 stroker in the ZX with Sanderson headers. I thought about removing the spare tire well and making it flat... this may help run the duals. Im worried about getting them all the way out the back.

In mine, at first all I could fit (as far as true duals go) were 2" piping. The engine didn't like that too well, so I ended up with 2 2.5" pipes joing into a single 3" right before the pipe goes over the cv axle, with a flowmaster at the very end of the system. I don't know if you will gain any more clearance by running the halfshafts versus CVs, though...I wouldn't think very much. I think your biggest problem will be routing them around the differential and axles - after that there should be enough room to run dual mufflers. I was going to just run 2 2.5" electric cutouts before the pipes joined together, but there wasn't enough ground clearance - she sits too loooooww.