HybridZ

pics of some of my mods, no words to explain too lazy

roninjiro

i could do a sticky but that will be awhile b/c i dont have all the pics anymore of the process, btw all i used for the coilover sleeves was a ebay 93 civic el cheapo coilover kit. and yes they are stiff, but it didnt bother me when i drove around town for awhile. rule of thumb for all if doing a custom coilover kit... use 8" springs all around, i used 12" and didnt need them that long and thank god for my high negative offset rims or i wouldnt have cleared them

I wouldn't use 8" springs in the rear. The common word is that they usually bind on the rear. Then again you are running insane spring rates.

I'm pleased with my 10" 225f/250r QA1's.

No binding and short enough not to cause problems.

I hope you have some $$$$ in struts to survive those springs.

otm with 425's in the rear you are definitly able to use 8" with no binding, as far as struts go... rule of thumb... higher rated springs do less damage on springs b/c they have much more limited travel verus your 225/250's or at least thats what QA1 tech said when recommending me the 425 for my application. and also just because you put $$$$ into certain things doesnt necessary mean it will outlast the cheaper version. i prefer proper function over expense.

btw everytime i read anything you post i imagine house talking in person... odd isn't it?

By the way guys looking at this thread... THANX! if it wasn't for some of you guy's comments in the past and complaining about how there are never any s130 threads, i probably would have quit a long time ago. But it only further lead me to make a statement about the s130 that i SO believed in for half a decade. Ive been turned down on other z sites as an outcast, but here I FEEL LIKE AN OUTCAST AMONG OUTCASTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thanx again!

man is the install easy? and how much total do they cost? i have tokicko hp's with springs i need more stiff i got a cage commin soo so yea.... any help would be great! like i dont get how they go to gether and the whole 250 and have to have high positive offset? im lost.... in my 240sx i had silk roads and just slaped on so yea... please help

k, i won't be able to reply for a few days, going to maryland from texas to visit relatives but will get a write up goin asap i suppose. heres something to get you going.

1.-19.00mm offset rims 15x8's

2.12" 425lb qa1 springs

3.tokico hp blue's

4.sleeves and spanner rings that will fit stut tube, and tube over the rear shock.

total cost for me was 160 for springs

40 for sleeves and spanners

200 for shocks

8hrs of easy labor for me

this is my setup