HybridZ

Roll Call S30

Guest TeamNissan

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Bought my first 76 280z June 20, 1986 (18th birthday and graduation day) have pretty much owned one ever since. my current car is a different 76 I bought in 95. It had low miles but allot of rust in the hatch and roof thus its current state. will tell the whole story after the Turbo swap this winter.:rockon:

Mike

IMG_0424.jpg[/img]IMG_0423.jpg

I have a 73 240z, just sold my 76 280z for a 68 Mustang (wife need something to haul the kids around in). I have had my 240z since Nov 1980! It's been with me when I graduated, a number of girlfriends, two wife's and 4 kids later. You would say it was family!

Z Car - Jun 15-03_thumb.JPG

just realized i never posted my car in this thread.

75 280z. costa mesa cali.

IMG_0409.jpg

IMG_0013-1.jpg

IMG_0032.jpg

IMG_0489.jpg

old ls1 pic. motor is a little closer to being done now, from what the pic was takin.. its been 4 monthes since i started the motor swap.......:ugg:

im dying....

I have a 73 240z, just sold my 76 280z for a 68 Mustang (wife need something to haul the kids around in). I have had my 240z since Nov 1980! It's been with me when I graduated, a number of girlfriends, two wife's and 4 kids later. You would say it was family!

Wow...that IS FAMILY...sounds like a Country song.

Yasin

My turn. Dave / Marysville, WA. 70' (8/70') 240Z. numbers matching L24 block, E-88 head (rebuilt N42 on standby) Triple 40DCOE Webers on a cannon manifold, Griffen Aluminum Racing radiator, Mallory Unilite w/ vaccum advance, Mallory Promaster 60KVolt coil, MSD 6A, MSD tach adaptor, Holley Fuel pump, MSA Ceramic coated 6-into-1 header, Spectre Fuel Pressure Regulator and gauge, R-200 diff (411 gears) turbo CV's, Toyota 4-piston front calipers, 79' ZX 5-speed, Energy Suspension FULL urethane kit, 225/50R16's on Eagle Alloy 16X7's, 23MM front and 19MM rear - sway bars. Custom made front strut bar. BRE rear spoiler, custom split front bumper with overrider bar.

Daves headlight and parking light relay Upgrade Harness's (MINE)

Daves's LED taillight conversion and LED sidemarkers. (MINE)

H4 (90/100 watt) lights in MiiG composite H4 Housings with city lights

KATS driving lights. 2nd small driving lights in the XENON Urethane Air Dam.

Power windows, power door locks, keyless entry, full alarm, Pioneer AM/FM/CD/XM radio with 800 watts going to 6) 2-way speakers and 1) 12" MTX sub in a fiberglass wheel well enclosure. 2 6 1/2" Alpines in Custom made Kick panel speakers pods. Honda Blower motor and Accord Seats.

And I'm sure I haven't listed nearly everything but that was for starters.

new_radiator_front_left_view.JPG

new_velocity_stacks_all_6.JPG

all_done_p_side_view.JPG

all_done_low_front_view.JPG

LED_lights_brakes_on.JPG

rear_left_susp_done.JPG

front_right_strut_assembly_2.JPG

4921zsubtools.jpg

HLS30H-08077 - What type of hood is that? I didn't see it mentioned and it doesn't really look like the reaction research hood?

Thanks,

Tyson

Actually, I built it in my garage. It's a 240Z hood, cut in the middle of the side lips and in the middle of the back support, I lifted the cut part just about an inch and tacked it in place then I added some steel to help it go over the cowl, bent everything by hand then welded up the seams and used some more steel to fill the gaps. On the inside I welded the seams again after pounding the lips toward the filler metal.

Truth is, I'm too cheap to go and spend money on a fiberglass or carbon fiber hood. I can barely weld and already had some scrap steel and extra paint and primer laying around, not to mention fiberglass and bondo for the seams.

If this sounds confusing, here's some pics.

right_side_weld.JPG

right_view_bondo_d.JPG

underside_primed_and_ready.JPG

red_filler_primer_on_and_ready_for_sanding.JPG