HybridZ

Sign in if you own an s130!

007max

Guest bojo68

I bought one for 205$ a few months ago. got 29.82 mpg on the 175 mi trip home, and about 8 around town after that.(neanderthal marks on fuel system, car came with Nissan service manual.) Had a blown head gasket when I got it

, I dumped in some sealer and been driving it every since, no problems aside from exploding a heater core. Trying to find out if it's a zxr, everything's right for it to be one. I'm thinking I like these things, kinda hate to tear apart a good running one, looking for s130 body in good shape with a hammered/exploded engine tranny for a v8 swap. Prefer something similar to my 79, no electric windows, no climate control, no led readouts, and preferably without the methadon weight reduction program.(rust)

Needless to say, the one I'm looking for has to cost less than my running driving one did.

Also looking for a Mark viii with shot suspension or wrecked.

Guest Nismonic

Here's mine... 81 Turbo.

280zxt2.jpg

280zxt1.jpg

280zxt3.jpg

This was my brother's car that he gave to me. It was originally a Canadian car (so all the gauges are metric) that the original owner took to Florida and remained there until the late 90's. It made it's way back up to Upstate NY where it was driven year round for 2 years and then parked. My brother bought it 4 years ago... drove it for a summer and then gave it to me. It has been sitting for 3 years waiting for me to fix the rust on the body... and do a 5spd swap... it will get done eventually... I just have an s30, an FC, and an s13 to finish first.

This is a car i have slaved over for hte last 2 years... its been my pride and joy. i have spent over USD25k on it and its a daily driver. i have engine shots but files are too big. i'll try to fit them in the next post.

mail2_thumb.jpg

mail3_thumb.jpg

mail4_thumb.jpg

I'll add my two cents.

My 83 280ZX(The bumpers are from an early model and were on the car when I got, but it is an 83.) Not much special about but I love it. It's got KYB struts and Eibach springs. 14"x 7" A.R.E's, custom 2.5" exhaust, Erebuni Air dam and a cheapo intake. That's about it for now, but it runs strong, the A/C works now, and It will be turbo eventually.

IMG_0373.jpg

IMG_0852.jpg

IMG_0350.jpg

IMG_0349.jpg

IMG_0076.jpg

IMG_0074.jpg

IMG_0072.jpg

And I just thought I would post some pics of the hottest 280ZX I have personally laid my eyes on.

IMG_0356.jpg

IMG_0353.jpg

IMG_0352.jpg

IMG_0351.jpg

IMG_0600.jpg

IMG_0687.jpg

IMG_0698.jpg

Here's my 83 280zxt. I have some other pictures elsewhere, I'll see about posting them later.

Major mods are:

custom intake, forged internals, custom header, T-70 Turbo, SDS EM4-6F, and direct port alchy injection.

Upcoming mods are:

Powerglide trans w/ transbrake, larger turbo, nitrous, new header, aftermarket forged rods and crank (undecided on brand at this point), and some re-work of the head and intake.

DSCN1783.JPG

engine7.JPG

well i finally managed to get pictures of my car so here it is. some really nice zeds looking up the page a bit. how hard is it to get a hold of those light covers in the US? down here they are as rare as rocking horse ♥♥♥♥. i've started getting new bits and peices, all i have left to do now is get a couple of interior peices and the new headlights and i'm happy, oh and we have new plates in out state that go #xxx-### so i'm trying to get 1dat-280

eng2.jpg

eng1.jpg

rear.jpg

front.jpg

Man there are some nice S130 in this thread, awesome! Here's mine...

This is some of the modification on my car:

Intake:

HKS Super Power Flow (modified)

HKS SSQV (custom)

Exhaust:

HKS Sport Exhuast

Random Tech Hi-Flow CAT

Striaght adapted from '88 Nissan Cefiro

Ignition:

Crane Cams PS-91 coil

8.5mm MSD coil wire

8.5mm Magnacor spark plug wires

NGK Iriduim plugs

Hyper Ground Wiring

Engine Electronics:

Greddy turbo timer

Autometer air/fuel meter

Greddy 60mm boost meter

Prosport EGT, oil pressure, and oil temp gauge

Suspension:

performance T/C rod kit

coil-overs from Modern-Motorsports with Hyper Coil springs 200# front 225# rear

Cusco rear and front strut bars

Rubber:

Bridgestone Potenza Pole-Position S-03

205/50ZR15

Brakes:

MSA crossed-drilled/slotted rotors

KVR semi-metallic pads

stainless steel brake lines

Cooling:

JTR radiator

16" Procomp electric fan

Sound System:

Panasonic CQ-C7301C deck

Kenwood 6x9"

Kicker Comp VR4 10"

Q-logic bandpass box

Kenwood 300watt amp

Legacy 400watt amp

Engine enhancements:

T3 turbo built by Majestic Turbo

Black powdered coated valve cover

Greddy oil catch tank

Zdeadend01.jpg

frontZdeadend01.jpg

Side01.jpg

Frontnight.jpg

Rearnight.jpg

Guest Aussie_zxT

Bought this from a family friend bout 4 years ago for my first car.... started labouring as a job so it sat for a few years till i was talked in to doing an engine swap to a RB25det engine is complete so now its time to get it lookin hot... restoring interior and installing a wide body are next jobs on the list...looking to source a spares car in aussie some time soon...

3360_thumb.attach

3361_thumb.attach

engine side_thumb.jpg

Guest whiteboyZ

Hello Everyone,

I am selling a 1983 280ZX coupe. I am asking $3000 or best offer. If you know anyone that is interested please have them message me back. I will give further details when messaged. Thank you

Nathan

i haven't signed on yet but there again i haven't been on here in a while because the machine shop and old man doing my head and block work still have my motor.

anyways here are a few pics of where the car lies as of right now.

MyZdissassembly3.jpg

MyZdissassembly4.jpg

MyZdissassembly2.jpg

here's what it looked like before i tore anything apart

cars-break06022.jpg

I'll add my two cents.

My 83 280ZX(The bumpers are from an early model and were on the car when I got, but it is an 83.) Not much special about but I love it. It's got KYB struts and Eibach springs. 14"x 7" A.R.E's, custom 2.5" exhaust, Erebuni Air dam and a cheapo intake. That's about it for now, but it runs strong, the A/C works now, and It will be turbo eventually.

IMG_0373.jpg

IMG_0852.jpg

IMG_0350.jpg

IMG_0349.jpg

IMG_0076.jpg

IMG_0074.jpg

IMG_0072.jpg

And I just thought I would post some pics of the hottest 280ZX I have personally laid my eyes on.

IMG_0356.jpg

IMG_0353.jpg

IMG_0352.jpg

IMG_0351.jpg

IMG_0600.jpg

IMG_0687.jpg

IMG_0698.jpg

Sorry to quote the whole thing with pictures and all but I cant figure out how to do a (partial quote). Any help on that would be great! I was wondering if those are 300 zx fenders and older 280 z headlight buckets?