HybridZ

Sign in if you own an s130!

007max

Well I'm finally getting my Z from storage down south in a few weeks. I have a pile of goodies sitting in the garage waiting for it. I'm psyched.

OT: Has anyone purchased or can vouch for the stainless steel brake line sets they are selling on ebay for the zx?

Like these.

Or better yet, Here.

Edited by Sonethirty

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all.

If any one can drive me the right direction.

I`ve got an S130 couple of weeks ago. It is a manual 5 speed and has a P79 cylinder head.

The vin number is JN1HZ04SODX579494. My question is, What year it is?

Thank You.

Edited by Panamared2000

This is weird I saw this website of a guy who had a 81 280zx turbo 5 speed with a 12 injector set up. When you click the link you can read the description of the car's upgrades and at the very bottom is the photo album where it has pictures of the engine.

http://www.motortopia.com/cars/1981-datsun-280zx-5791

post-12869-055496900 1282009235_thumb.jpgpost-12869-082037500 1282009132_thumb.jpgpost-12869-016000700 1282009003_thumb.jpgpost-12869-057154100 1282008930_thumb.jpgWell, time to stop lurking! I signed up yesterday to the forum and have enjoyed reading your posts. I bought a 1982 280ZX N/A with an automatic this past spring for $250 bucks! Unfortunately, my company re-org'd about three weeks after I bought it and I found out I was being relocated (but happy to still have a job and still working for a good company). So I rushed through getting the brakes to work and the car running so I could load it on a car carrier. Finally got settled in Louisiana and am now starting to work on the car. I have the front suspension apart and am installing urethane bushings all the way around, ball joints, tie rod ends, Tokico blues, and 1" lowering springs.

Overall, the car is in fairly good condition. Very little rust (a little around the windshield), a couple of minor dents and hail damage. My plans are to eventually do a SBC swap with a manual transmission (if I can dig up enough info). If not, I have a free automatic at my disposal. For now I just want to get it on the road and start driving it! I plan on starting to do some auto cross and then graduate to some track days. I have had a fair amount of track time but it was all on motorcycles.

List of projects on this car:

finish front and rear suspension rebuild

figure out low speed miss, adjust valves, and check timing

new wheels and tires (need help figuring out what will fit fit with current suspension)

get power windows to work

rebuild power steering rack, pump, and lines

strip out interior, replace carpet, install roll bar, paint interior panels black (currently very worn red), racing seats/harnesses

body and paint work to include front and rear valences and possibly a spoiler

My hope is to use all of your experiences to build the car with as little pain as possible so please feel free to pass along any advice you have to the newbie!

(please excuse the low res cell phone pics. These were taken as I was getting ready to load the car for shipping)