HybridZ

Sign in if you own an s130!

007max

Well that Surge tank looks Good :) !!!

The ZX i addicted my dad to ...haha he hated aApanese cars... but the Z is an addiction i guess

Here Yetterbens old set up on a eurospec L28ET in a USDM 83 car bought in 29 palms. In yetterbens set up it made over 350RWHP on a stock NA engine with a ebay t4.

This car has .48 WRX exhaust housing (t3) and .70 T4 compressor side.. full 3"dp and exhaust that came from my Turbo project in my ZXR

Curius what it will put out!!

post-373-009484800 1283347761_thumb.jpg

Edited by frank280zx

My zxr

ZXR

-Full Cage.

-5 lug swap.

-Spax coil overs.

-poly bushing.

-MSA sway bars.

-Adjustable end links.

-Z32 tt Brake disk and R33 skyline calipers, EBC Blue stuff pads ( for now i hate them but it was what they had for now), Motul brake oil, steel lines.

-305 SBC with a mild cam alum heads Nos kit prepared ( not wired yet) running on MsS.

-T5 gearbox with 'stage 2' iroc z clutch and hurst shifter.

-3.36 OBX hlsd with z31 turbo axles.

-Diff cooler.

-Aluminum radiator.

-2x 2,5 Stainles pipes into 3" straigt and dynomax muffler.

-Sparco Seat and crow 5 point harness.

-Autometer tach with shift light in OEM spot, 260KMH speedo, HKS oil temp, exhaust temp en boost (not in use now) meter, ebay special water temp, oil pressure, fuel pressure, auto meter volt and air to fuel meter.

To do .. all the lil ods and ends etc etc .. then in a year orso a 406

For some reason i only have shitty pictures of it (here fitting the r33 calipers ) ... But hopefully after this weekend some action shots !! as ill compete in the Time Attack.

http://timeattack.nl/nl/text/show/879/208__frank_poll.html

http://en.japansautosportfestival.nl/en/home/show/391

Here a small vid

http://forums.hybridz.org/index.php/videos/view-43-280zxr-v8/

post-373-043251200 1283348177_thumb.jpg

post-373-025390400 1283500246_thumb.jpg

post-373-066439700 1283500265_thumb.jpg

post-373-031685300 1283500296_thumb.jpg

Edited by frank280zx

Judging by the stretched tire, I'm betting he LIKES that camber... unsure.gif

Speaking of which, how wide IS That tire stretched on there purepontiackid?

I only ask because I know that a 275 will fit under the stock wheel well just fine, and I'm betting you're having trouble tucking a mere 225 under there. But I understand, it's as much about looks as anything else.

I had thought about it, but I decided not to because I don't want to pull my fenders any moar than I have to, and I like the way she looks like a hovercraft going down the road haha, so I'm going to add moar camber to the front and have it match (not -6* though lol) Also, if I do any type of racing, it would be drifting, and the extra camber in helps with handling while sliding ;)

they're 205's mang! it's all in the offset of the wheels, I wanted something super deep that not many people could fit. If I get another set of wheels, they'd be 12" wide with between 225's or 245's.

Edited by PurePontiacKid

I think that's a bit of a myth though to be honest. A couple degrees yes, but the absurd amounts that the guys in forumla D run is for looks, and some of the teams even admit it.

Drifting is a judged sport, and looks and style are a huge part of it. It's not a true "race" in the sense of the word.

People have been driving sideways since at least the 20's, so almost a hundred years. Absurd camber is NEW, and I think a phad. Does it look cool? Sure. My only issue is misinformation that it's "fast" or for "mad drift yo!". If it were really fast, then WRC would have caught on by now.

But yes, 1-3 degrees of camber can help immensely, but beyond that the loss of contact patch isn't worth it.

Just so you know, I'm not trying to pick on you. You're allowed to do whatever you want with your car. And I don't think you're wrong for doing what you've done.

My only issue is misinformation, that's all. I'm kinda sick of people that think by fitting the widest rim imaginable they're helping the performance of their car. It's becoming disturbingly popular, and to me it's as bad as all the huge wings on the back of civics that only have 90-150hp.

To give you an example though, this is a 9.5" rim with a 275 wide tire, and this car is lowered quite a bit (for track use, not show car slammed I admit). This is Yasin's car.

373005602.jpg

373005597.jpg

I know dude lolI've seen Yasin's car quite a bit, and it's just not the look I'm going for. I never said this was a performance build, hence the mudflaps and car phone that I'm soon to put in :P She's just a car to have fun in

Also, I wasn't referring to FD drivers, I was talking more about the local amature drivers, I've seen them run just as much camber as I have in the front of their car, they say it helps with transitions and keeping the tires from rolling under.

Edited by PurePontiacKid

Which is fine, like I said. Not picking on anyone. wink.gif

I'm betting those local guys have soft suspension, or not nearly enough anti-roll, either via stiff springs or stiff bars. Which would explain why lots of camber would help them so much.

Could also be that they're running their car low without improving their suspension geometry, thus the've lost all their camber gain (most likely problem now that I think about it). All the more reason a GOOD setup is important, and understanding suspension geometry, at least slightly, is of the utmost importance.

Alas, people will do what they will. At least they're out there doing something though, not just hiding their cars in a garage. cool.gif

I've actually talked to them, and say that they actually dialed in that much camber, with longer control arms and camber plates to all the way in pretty much... The one guy with ALOT of camber said that he ran soft springs, and that they increase his grip which he likes better, idk lol (same reason guys with AE86's get either longer control arms or Negative Camber Roll Center Adjusters I guess)