HybridZ

Sign in if you own an s130!

007max

• 1 month later...

I just bought my first Z a few weeks ago; a 1980 280zx. Mostly stock performance, some Prosport gauges, exhaust with no cats, 4 7-inch HID lights, urethane air dam and a bit more. Working on an aesthetic restoration and then onto performance ;)

Sorry for the crappy picture. It's also a bit dirty from driving it back from Anchorage..

post-14046-051852100 1290554015_thumb.jpg

haha i love the lights, very rally-esque but pleasssee polish those slots =)

Ha, no doubt, I'll get that done as soon as this 3-day freezing rain storm is passed. Unfortunately it's my daily driver right now and I feel terrible for it when I have to drive it in the cold.

hey, akzx what condition is that thing in? I saw it on CL but didn't get it since I already have my "project." I'm stationed at FTWW but, I'm deployed right now.

Nice to see someone else close by in Alaska. It's pretty good. There are some minor things wrong with it, like some of the interior panels missing and some cracks, and a headlight out, wrong speedo sprocket and rear hatch hydraulics are a bit iffy. But overall it's good and has some good mods like exhaust, the 4 HIDs, upgraded headlight housing, Prosport gauges and a front air dam. I'm looking forward to it as a project car since nothing big is wrong with it. Right now I'm actually in the process of figuring out how to fit two Kicker 15" subs and one Punch 10". In my opinion, it was a great deal.

• 2 weeks later...

Well i have had my 280zxt for about a year now.

Just sold my 83 280zx {the gold colored zx in the photo}.

my 83 280zxt is a side project/DD, ill list a few mods.

Car is tuned at 12PSI made 210whp/251wtq - Auto trans. 181,000 miles factory block & rebuilt head.

Stock t3 turbo

MS II ecu

440cc injectors

n42 intake

240sx TB

PowerFab FMIC

Tial BOV

MSD ignition

walbro 255 fuel pump

Greedy profec b boost controller

prosport boost,oil,water guages

Aromotive manual fuel reg

AEM wide band

PowerFab down pipe {no exhaust}

HKS metal headgasket

much much more.

post-4921-040431400 1291631534_thumb.jpg

post-4921-088707300 1291631548_thumb.jpg

post-4921-067326700 1291631558_thumb.jpg

I'll add my name to this list....Fell in love with the z in 1970 but in school and could not afford one until 1978.

Purchased a 1974 260z and still have it, althought it has been parked for 26 years. Startd to restore it about three month ago and hope to drive it in January 2011. When it is complete, I'll post a picture or two.

I got my 1980 ZX about three months ago, after searching the internet and saving for about 8 or 10 years. So far so stock, rockers are rusty and a couple small spots here and there. Getting ready to put on HP springs and shocks which should drop it about an inch, looking for some deep wheels to go with the drop. Also been talking to a guy I met on here about some other upgrades for my car. Its N/A for now I have been considering throwing a turbo on it eventually. Been replacing things as they break, all new belts, new aluminum radiator, just waiting on money to do the intake manifold and throw headers on it because the gasket for the manifold is bad and when the new motor (rebuilt with only 13K on it) got put in they used the old exhaust manifold and don't have the gasket on it. So a lot of work, not to much, the body work is probably going to cost me about 4K unless I can talk my friend into helping me out on it, but that would be to get it done right. Really excited about getting this car in the shape it deserves to be in and driven instead of sitting in a garage for 5 years( previous owner). post-13998-009663700 1292298900_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I got my 1982 280ZX N/A 2+2 back in Febuary of last year. It was near stock when I got it, the only modifications that were made was a stereo that seems like your moving a truck when you have to open them.

At the moment it is in pieces as I am at the begining of a very long project to make a killer twin turbo L-28. Very slow process as I am doing most of the work myself and have been teaching myself on the way.

I drove it for about 6 months before it started to have problems and I miss the hell out of it every day I don't get to drive it.

No pictures as of yet but as I start to get somewhere with my project I will be starting a project build thread to go along with it.

Edited by Jordon

haha finally more people are lengting their a arms.. i set a hipe 8 years back ;) with z31 set up

but that is one hell of s130!!

Mine is in severe face lift aswel ( diffrent blok, tons of small things)

Edited by frank280zx

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Well i have had my 280zxt for about a year now.

Just sold my 83 280zx {the gold colored zx in the photo}.

my 83 280zxt is a side project/DD, ill list a few mods.

Car is tuned at 12PSI made 210whp/251wtq - Auto trans. 181,000 miles factory block & rebuilt head.

Stock t3 turbo

MS II ecu

440cc injectors

n42 intake

240sx TB

PowerFab FMIC

Tial BOV

MSD ignition

walbro 255 fuel pump

Greedy profec b boost controller

prosport boost,oil,water guages

Aromotive manual fuel reg

AEM wide band

PowerFab down pipe {no exhaust}

HKS metal headgasket

much much more.

Can I get some more detailed pics of your intercooler setup please?