HybridZ
007max

Sign in if you own an s130!

New to the S130. Sorry, no pics yet. Post soon. Just got an 81 280ZX smooth top 2+2 with 79K on the clock. Not my favorite Z but..got it cheap.

Also got an option of a donor car with an SR20DET motor w/Garrett T, 5-speed, 5-lug spindles/ brakes and coilovers from a 300Z.

So...anyone done S13 suspension conversion on an 81 2+2?

Any gotchas on the SR20DET and Tranny swap?

2 hours ago, Bigstauf said:

New to the S130. Sorry, no pics yet. Post soon. Just got an 81 280ZX smooth top 2+2 with 79K on the clock. Not my favorite Z but..got it cheap.

Also got an option of a donor car with an SR20DET motor w/Garrett T, 5-speed, 5-lug spindles/ brakes and coilovers from a 300Z.

So...anyone done S13 suspension conversion on an 81 2+2?

Any gotchas on the SR20DET and Tranny swap?

Are you talking about just the coilover conversion or a full suspension swap?

The full swap has some involved and I think the question is if it's worth it. Sure the S130 rear suspension is not the best design but you can still make them handle OK (BMW E30 has a similar design and seem to be a popular race car)

I kept the S130 suspension and put my resources into tires and aftermarket suspension components. 

Are you saying that the 300Z components somehow have been adopted to work in 280zx? 

So the donor car is a highly modded 90 200SX that has the SR20DET engine, custom headers, intercooler, eng mgt, 5 spd tranny, coilover suspension. The 5-lug hubs, brakes, etc are said to be from a 300Z. 

Wondering if anything beyond the go bits are worth  swapping into my 81 ZX 2+2?

thank you much. i hope to have it back and driving in 2 months. just intime to drive it a couple times then tuck it away for the winter. im sure you might have noticed the gas cap beeing a fellow s130 owner. there was also engine bay smoothing out, shaved blinkers front bumper for blinkers built into headlights, some other mods and a yet to be reveled new design of tail lights.20180718_232442.thumb.jpg.5aa5e084ce9ea6ace1ac4cf3084c2eaa.jpg