HybridZ

Which fuel level sending unit?

I have a 75 tank in my 71 and the sending unit went south. I can't remember which sending unit I used when I changed the tank. Does anyone know which sending unit I should be ordering, the 71 or the 75?

Thanks.

Joe

I was able to have my sending unit rebuilt, If you can not find a unit let me know and I will work at figuring out where I had it done. It worked out great, I told him what ohm value to use to match my new gauge and it came back looking new and set perfect.

Whoa, that would be great info. As many people as there are that struggle with which ohm range aftermarket fuel gauge to get (me being one of them), would be great to just have our sending unit rebuilt to match the gauge. If you get time, and find out who rebuilt yours, please let us know.

Thanks in advance.

I have a 75 tank in my 71 and the sending unit went south. I can't remember which sending unit I used when I changed the tank. Does anyone know which sending unit I should be ordering, the 71 or the 75?

Thanks.

Joe

I have an early 280Z tank in my 71 240. The 280 sender has three wires, one of which I believe is the pressure sensor [part of the smog stuff]. Other than the different wire plug they appear to be identical in appearance and size. Both mount from the side and are sealed to the tank witha neoprene "o" ring.

In this photo the 280 is the one with the plastic electrical connection.

280z_240z_fuel_level_sender.JPG

g

Thanks for the photo's. I did get an early sending unit and all is well. I did replace the way it is wired by soldering a connector like what is on the 75 sending unit, to the 2 studs that are on the early sending unit. Works great!

Joe

I have an early 280Z tank in my 71 240. The 280 sender has three wires, one of which I believe is the pressure sensor [part of the smog stuff]. Other than the different wire plug they appear to be identical in appearance and size. Both mount from the side and are sealed to the tank witha neoprene "o" ring.

In this photo the 280 is the one with the plastic electrical connection.

280z_240z_fuel_level_sender.JPG

g

I think the third wire is for the Low Fuel warning light.

I think the third wire is for the Low Fuel warning light.

Could very well be. Does anyone out there have a definitive statement as to the purpose of the additional sensor on the 280 fuel level sensor?

g