HybridZ

Tacho settings on a Haltech

Im hoping that this is the right place for this post.

I have 79zx and Im trying to find the correct settings for the original tacho in the dash. For whatever reason Im getting no needle movement on all the different settings I have applied.

Here are the choices

Output state:

Inverted or Normal ___

Tacho Duty 0-100 ___

Tacho pulses per rev. ___

These are the settings for the Haltech output to drive the Tacho, I have it hooked up to the blue wire that goes directly to the tacho. Any help or advise would be greatly appriciated.

• Administrators

I have 79zx and Im trying to find the correct settings for the original tacho in the dash. For whatever reason Im getting no needle movement on all the different settings I have applied.

Tommy,

I have had trouble with zx tachs and aftermarket EMS's. What I normally use is the MSD tach adapter 8920. Assuming Haltech can output a 12v square wave (typical) it should work for you.

http://store.summitracing.com/egnsearch.asp?Ntk=KeywordSearch&DDS=1&Ntt=msd+8920&x=0&y=0&N=+115&searchinresults=false

• 1 month later...

Ron,

Once again you have offered great info, the MSD 8920 worked perfectly.

Thanks. You have been a great help.:hail:

I plan on posting all my settings and info once everything is worked out. Its been a great learning experience, a little frustrating and allot of fun.

Tnx Again

Tommy