HybridZ

Haha I'm the first in this one Go me /but does anyone know??

theZman

thanks anyway but no its isn't a chic car dude it hauls ass and thats all i care about

Oh come on, I was hoping for a better come back than that...Eh oh well, what can you expect from a 300ZX...

Just incase you are getting infuriated there, I'm only picking on you because that's what we do...:D

A Shiro in the JY??? Did you happen to see if the CV axles were still there? The Shiro had a VLSD R200 and the CV axles are very rare.

Joe

The original axles are rare as you said, But anyone who knows about the j30 rearends and its ability to swap inner cv joints onto z31 shafts, they are just over priced.

the shiro springs are worth something to z31 guys too

Not to anyone who knows about http://www.z31parts.com . Jason makes great products for the Z31's. He has a lot more parts in development/testing stages right now.

The US Shiro edition model was available with the pearl white exterior paint, recaro seats, 5 speed, T25 Turbo, A/c, and no other electric options only in 1988. The Shiro included special white wheels, suspension, the low end heat controls, and various other weight savings. No electric seats or windows, special non-adjustable electric shocks. Other white Z cars were sold in 1988 but there were likely non-turbo models, or 2+2 models.

The US Shiro models were never available before/ after 1988, about 4,000 were sold.

• Administrators

(I can’t believe I’m actually about to admit this publicly...)

I worked as a new car salesman on the Nissan lot at Quaid Auto Expo in Riverside California back in 1988.

(Whew, now that is out of the way, that wasn't so bad... )

As for the limited edition '88 ZX turbo, every dealer supposedly received one of those cars. They were all Pearl white and some of the features that made them different from the rest to the ZX line for ’88 were the wheels were painted body color instead of the typical grey color, the splitter, or lower portion of the air dam, was also painted body color instead of the typical grey color, the very firm yet simple lightweight Recaros seats, 5 speed, analog instruments. I put something like 30 miles on our dealerships car in test drives/joy riding bad Paul. There may have been a couple other special little trinkets, but I don't recall them. The springs were a little stiffer and it had the now so coveted LSD. The engine and Turbo were the same as offered in the standard ZX Turbo cars, though the ’88 model year did receive some revisions over the ’87 model year in regards to the engine and turbo.

One of the highlights while working there was going to Anaheim for the unveiling of the Nissan ’89 model year line up. The Maxima 4DSC, the 240-SX, the Access, and even a sneak peak at the Z-32 with some great video footage of the suspension test bed for that Cray super-computer designed multilink rear suspension, (hack hack gag gag… ). Within a month or so after that show, we started receiving the 240-SX. What treat that was back then.

Ah the memories..

(I can’t believe I’m actually about to admit this publicly...)

I worked as a new car salesman on the Nissan lot at Quaid Auto Expo in Riverside California back in 1988.

(Whew, now that is out of the way, that wasn't so bad... )

Ah the memories..

Much easier to come clean now that you've turned red, isn't it; you know we won't pick on you!:mrgreen:

<>