HybridZ

Haha I'm the first in this one Go me /but does anyone know??

theZman

• Administrators
Much easier to come clean now that you've turned red, isn't it; you know we won't pick on you!:mrgreen:

Ooops. apparently I need to be more selective in what ammunition I give to the troops..... DOH! mummy.gif

• 2 weeks later...
Guest mike88ss
The US Shiro edition model was available with the pearl white exterior paint, recaro seats, 5 speed, T25 Turbo, A/c, and no other electric options only in 1988. The Shiro included special white wheels, suspension, the low end heat controls, and various other weight savings. No electric seats or windows, special non-adjustable electric shocks. Other white Z cars were sold in 1988 but there were likely non-turbo models, or 2+2 models.

The US Shiro models were never available before/ after 1988, about 4,000 were sold.

If dealers sold 4000 shiros then they were even more dishonest than we thought because only 1002 were made ;) The only two things not mentioned so far that are worth mentioning were the thicker swaybars and the unique front lip. Trivial differences were the charcoal metallic trim paint and the door skins/panels with insets to match the Recaro seats. The wheels were just standard 87-89 turbo wheels painted white. Neither the wheels nor the air dam were pearl white. If you want something really rare try finding an '89 turbo which is what I was looking for when I ran across my car.

c010_thumb.JPG

b033_thumb.jpg