HybridZ

My Complete LS1 Install Documemtation with Pics

Guest Grenade300

Makes me glad I ordered my custom plates before I started the project LS1280Z is all mine!

I hear ya! Glad I got my plates when I started mine, too. (put my plates as my Avatar) Definitely a great writeup and makes things a bit easier for anyone doing the swap. Rock on!

• 3 weeks later...

mate that is absolutely amazing. down here ls1/2's are huge in our locally produced cars (exported to you as the pontiac gto and i think the new one is the g8) and i want to bung one in my car as is to replace my 304 and now i want to put one in my zed too. well done on the write up

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Grenade300

You guys are killing me. Please don't ask me for a copy by posting on the thread. When you post on the thread asking for a copy, I lose track of who I have and have not sent copies to. Please go to the website the document is stored on and try to download it first. If you are having problems with the website then SEND ME A PM and I will e-mail you a copy.

By the way, now that I am back from my Army school, I will be having my exhaust redone. The exhaust was origionally done very well for what the guy had to work with, but I did not order enough angles to weld together. The result was that the exhaust was routed under the tranny leaving me about 1/2" of clearence from the ground. OOPS.

I ordered a butt-load to 45 deg angles and sat down with the guy. We drew out a plan and I will be taking it to him next week to redo it. The exhaust will be routed along the sides of the tranny this time, like it should have been in the first place. Thats what I get for rushing to get the exhaust done before I left for school.

Once this is done I will take pics and update the document accordingly.

Scott

• 1 month later...
Guest Grenade300

Okay guys, I made a few updates to my documentation. I clarified on the clutch master cylinder setup I used a little, added some more pics and a few paragraphs regarding my exhaust with pics. There are also a few other updates, but nothing too different from the original except for the exhaust stuff.

The link is http://www.megaupload.com/?d=DYWWPRDB

Just as before; you will need to enter the code in the upper right of the screen twice before it will let you download it. Then you wait for the countdown at the bottom of the screen to reach 0 and the download will begin after you select "save" or "open".

• 2 weeks later...