HybridZ

My Complete LS1 Install Documemtation with Pics

Guest Grenade300

Grenade300,

Not sure what size exhaust you're planning on running but mine has dual 2 1/2" running down both sides of the T56 to an X pipe and then back. On the drivers side the pipe runs through the cut our area in the differential support. On the passenger side I used a "frame clearance piece" that goes round to oval to round to clear the mount on that side but not go much lower. Once behind the axles both pipes route over to a single, dual inlet, muffler in the stock position. Don't remember if I have photos of it in my album or not. Hope this helps.

Guest Grenade300

Phantom - I used 2.5" also with an X-pipe. When I had it re-done I had the pipes routed along the sides of the tranny as well. Came out pretty well. I am however running the pipes under the diff. When I do my diff swap I will be re-running them along the sides of the diff. If you read a couple of posts up, I posted a new link with my updated docs. I have pics of my exhaust in the updated one.

Minotaur - I shot you a PM with a link to the Jegs page that has some hoses. This is only an example, there are several brands some are rated at higher pressures than others. Make sure to read the descriptions to be sure that they are able to handle the pressures that a fuel injection system reaches. The LS1 runs around 60 psi of fuel pressure. Summit Racing also sells them.

I went with -8AN size (believe -8 AN is about 1/2" I.D.) for the supply lines and -6 AN (about 3/8" I.D.) for the return line. I'm sure I could have used -6 AN for the supply lines, but I have this thing about overkill.

Scott

Great documentation and pictures. Thanks for sharing it with all of us. It gives me more confidence to see an LS1 conversion finished and running. The fuel cell and complete duals is a nice touch. The only thing I would do differently (and you may want to add at some point later), is to visit the website at www.tanksinc.com and check out their very cool in-tank high volume fuel pump kits. I just bought one and installed it in a custom stanless tank for my other hotrod project, and it works great.

Steve

• 4 weeks later...
Okay guys, I made a few updates to my documentation. I clarified on the clutch master cylinder setup I used a little, added some more pics and a few paragraphs regarding my exhaust with pics. There are also a few other updates, but nothing too different from the original except for the exhaust stuff.

The link is http://www.megaupload.com/?d=DYWWPRDB

Just as before; you will need to enter the code in the upper right of the screen twice before it will let you download it. Then you wait for the countdown at the bottom of the screen to reach 0 and the download will begin after you select "save" or "open".

This is the easiest way to get the document. The code answer is just to the left of where you enter it in. In funny letters/numbers.

The problem is that I always get "All download slot are taken" please try in a few hours" ....!!!!

Could you please send it to me

Regards, Frank

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest chevyfreak

Hello lt1 freaks,i am also a chevy freak and am stuck on stupid,I put a 96 lt1 engine in my 93 custom caprice and have everything hooked up and operational except the dash cluster.Would i be better off converting the harness for the 93 cluster and how(can i just splice the pins from the 93 harness to the 96?) ,or can i get an aftermarket cluster that fits in my 93 caprice dash that will hook up to the 96 harness?Last thought can i easily modifi a 96 impala cluster to fit into my 93 dash?Help!!!!!!!..thanks:icon8::iospalo:

My EMAIL IS piano.mann@hotmail.com

• 2 weeks later...