HybridZ

Rota RB/RB-R, 4x114.3, 17", Z-Offset Wheels

rudypoochris

What would you prefer?  

191 members have voted

1. 1. What would you prefer?

• 17x9.5" -19 On all four corners (as the group buy has been)
    • 17x9" -13 Front and 17x9.5" -19 Rear even if it costs an extra $200 ($950 shipped)
    • 17x9" -13 Front and 17x9.5" -19 Rear at the same price ($750 shipped)

• 4 weeks later...

I was moreso looking for a better price than the 1,000 from Racinglab, not necessarily the gold, but they ARE nice!. I tried contacting Kim myself and got nothing back. Is racinglab the only option these days?

I got an email from Kim just a few weeks ago.

• 3 weeks later...

what is  everyone using for lug nuts with these wheels? I haven't put mine on yet and i was thinking i would see if any one has found a good deal or had any bad experiences. 

McGard Chrome Bulge Cone Seat Style Lug Nut Set (M12 x 1.25 Thread Size) - 3 Packages of 4

http://www.mcgard.com/component/hikashop/product/863-chrome-bulge-cone-seat-style-lug-nut-set-m12-x-125-thread-size-set-of-4-lug-nuts?Itemid=0

McGard Chrome Cone Seat Wheel Lock Set (M12 x 1.25 Thread Size) - 1 Package of 4

http://www.mcgard.com/component/hikashop/product/964-chrome-cone-seat-wheel-lock-set-m12-x-125-thread-size-set-of-4-locks-and-1-key?Itemid=0

I'd avoid anything cheap with an allen key style internal hex. They round out too easily. Cheap chromed lug nut in general will also rust quicker.

Nigel

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

What on earth tire are you going to put on a 16x9.5? Or are you going to be like the auto hypsters and stretch a 225 on there?

Options for 16" tires of decent width are slim, which was why this group buy was started to begin with. The big downside that we ALL recognized was that 17" tires tend to be too tall for S30 suspension geometry, but again, there just isn't many options for those wanting to run WIDE street tires.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

The price has gone up slightly over the years and Kim Bong (Rota rep), will refer you to Racing lab to make the purchase. My Hyper black, staggered set, came to roughly $1100 shipped to San Diego back in April. Not aware of any 5 lug option in these staggered wheels.

• 11 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...