HybridZ

Rota RB/RB-R, 4x114.3, 17", Z-Offset Wheels

rudypoochris

What would you prefer?  

191 members have voted

1. 1. What would you prefer?

• 17x9.5" -19 On all four corners (as the group buy has been)
    • 17x9" -13 Front and 17x9.5" -19 Rear even if it costs an extra $200 ($950 shipped)
    • 17x9" -13 Front and 17x9.5" -19 Rear at the same price ($750 shipped)

They look great. They are WIDE. The lip is 3" the wheels look really deep because the way the spokes curve out from the center.

Great work organizing this.

The bronze finish is kinda brownish silver. Its really close to this:

Rota-GT3-RoyalBronze.jpg

I'll get pictures tonight when I get home. I'll bolt them on the car just to show what they look like.

Justin

Did anyone ever give the lip difference between the RB and RB-R? I thought the RB-R is supposed to have a deeper lip, and less of a build up on the back side. Did anyone ever show pics of the mock up wheels like they did on the RB model? Were there any clearance issues? I have been doing a lot of reading but not finding anything. Thanks.

The lip on the front of the RB-R is around 2.5" and is 3" on the rear. The RB is 3" all around. There is no build up of material on the back of the RB-R mounting face, the dish is consumed by the deep recession of the mounting face/spokes. The RB on the other hand has a significant amount of material on the back of its mounting surface. So, in reality, the RB has a deeper lip than the RB-R on the front. It looks 'correct' though, compared to the RB in my opinion. The RB looks more like it was meant for a FWD car (positive offset). That being said, they both look great in my opinion and I would be happy with either. :)

The mock up wheels were put on Gollum's car back in post #830, check it out! I do not believe there were any clearance issues, but some people have had issues with rubbing on the way to full lock between the front of the fender and the tire. I have not been able to replicate this issue or even get really near to it at all, so I cannot comment on how/why/what is happening. Maybe someone who has this issue can chime in?

There is no difference between the RB and the RB-R though when it comes to width, diameter, offset, etc. Thus the RB fits just as well as the RB-R and visa verse. Hope that helps!

So, what is ready to order(color and size) and what is not? Can we have an update?

Thanks!

This is a question for the representative. I have heard from him that RGM and Royal Gold have come in, but that does not mean he just has ones laying around in inventory. The first shipment or two may all be spoken for. Please go ahead and message the representative at kimcosmic@juno.com and I am sure he would be happy to help you with your order. :)

I got 17x9.5 -19 for the rear and the 17x9 -13 offset for the front. Over half the poeple on the group buy got the same setup according to the pole. Has anyone had any problems mounting the wheels with the rim rubbing on the strut in the front or rubbing on the fender when turning? Or is everone heppy with this setup? Thanks, need to know before I mount rubber on the rims incase I need to exchange them for different offset rims.

Well I personally specified and fit these wheels on a couple of cars. The rim should not rub on the strut at all. I am confused, has this happened to you (you do not need tires mounted to find this out)? I have heard of the possibility of the rubber rubbing the fender around where the lower valance meets the fender, but I have not been able to duplicate this on my 240z or my friends 280z.

We cannot discount the possibility that the strut is bent. I have run into this before. It came up one time when camber went wacky with a new suspension upgrade I installed.

It turned out that the car the struts came off of was curbed and the welds had cracked and bent where the strut tube was welded into the spindle casting. It may not be obvious at a glance.

Thanks for the replies. I mounted the wheels on the car as it is totally suspended and it does not rub while in the air. I figured once the weight of the car is on them. It will be okay. The shop was concerened when looking at it about the clearance. The wheels are amazing by the way. I will get rubber mounted in the morning and fit them on the car again to check the turning. I will let you know. I told the shop what everyone has

said on here, and they trust you sence you have all done it and been

happy. Thanks again. I will figure out how to post pics so you all can see.

I have flares that I bought like 3 years ago. I think they are the ZG flaresbut I filled in the rivet holes because I fiberglassed over them when I put them on the car. Or I should say I had the shop do that. I couldnt do the work cause I was overseas. The flares stick out like 2.25 inches. I cant remember exactly. And the front air damn is one I bought off TheZstore.com. I cant get pics to post for some reason. I will put them up when I figure it out.

I am curious if the standard zg flare allows for more than 1.5" distance of wheel space from the stock body specs? My car will utilize Reaction Research's "subtle z" flairs which give an extra 1.5" front and back along with gc coilovers. I'm not quite sure if I will need to order 9" f/r or the staggered 9"f-9.5"r as most are doing with the standard zg's. I sincerely hope I have not overlooked this in this lengthy thread but am asking for anyones advice, Thanks.

Okay...I cant figure out how to post pictures. But I just got the wheels mounted with ruber and wheels put on the car. I went with 9.5s on the rear and 9s on the front. I have flares, nit sure exectly what kind. This stagger is perfect. However on the front. When I turn the wheels completly, I can barely fit a pencil in betweeen the air damn and the tire. This will make it scary when turning over bumps. Straight on, I have plenty of clearance. I will get the tires posted when I get the pics on. Let me know if there is anything else you need to know.

I've been in contact with Kim and decided to order a set of the staggered royal black. Kim was very good at replying to my emails. I sent him my money order and asked him to call me when he recieved it, which he did. The wheels have been shipped and I should recieve them by middle of next week. If they come in on time, this will have been an extremely smooth transaction. Thanks for getting this setup. You've allowed many of us to get custom sized wheels for a fraction of the price. Now I just need to save for tires...

My wheels came in today and they look even better in person. Not a bad turn around time if I must say so (granted they had they royal blacks in stock). Kim recieved my money order on Wednesday and I had them at my door step the following Tuesday. You cannot go wrong getting a set of these... Thanks HybridZ.