HybridZ
rudypoochris

Rota RB/RB-R, 4x114.3, 17", Z-Offset Wheels

What would you prefer?  

185 members have voted

1. 1. What would you prefer?

• 17x9.5" -19 On all four corners (as the group buy has been)
    • 17x9" -13 Front and 17x9.5" -19 Rear even if it costs an extra $200 ($950 shipped)
    • 17x9" -13 Front and 17x9.5" -19 Rear at the same price ($750 shipped)

Gollum    23

What on earth tire are you going to put on a 16x9.5? Or are you going to be like the auto hypsters and stretch a 225 on there?

Options for 16" tires of decent width are slim, which was why this group buy was started to begin with. The big downside that we ALL recognized was that 17" tires tend to be too tall for S30 suspension geometry, but again, there just isn't many options for those wanting to run WIDE street tires.

Nelsonian    7

The price has gone up slightly over the years and Kim Bong (Rota rep), will refer you to Racing lab to make the purchase. My Hyper black, staggered set, came to roughly $1100 shipped to San Diego back in April. Not aware of any 5 lug option in these staggered wheels.

Premo34    0

I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on the staggered 17" RBR package for my '78 280z. I've seen some people talk about replacing the stock wheel studs and lug nuts with these wheels. Is this necessary or will the stock studs and nuts work? My car is used on the street, not the track so I'm not talking about the benefits of open lugs vs spline or things like that. I was just wondering if the stock studs and lugs will accommodate the staggered RBRs.  Thanks.

Edited by Premo34

ihiryu    5

Since this thread has died down, i have started to offer these wheels as I just became a dealer for Rota.

I wouldn't trust the stock studs as they are old.  If anything at least replace them.  Keep in mind a negative offset like this puts the studs at "angle" so to speak.