HybridZ

Tri-state (NYC) Z's try#2

EvilC

So it has been a year later since the first time we all tried to get together. Hopefully there a few more Z's on the road including my own that can meet up for a day of driving and food. It would be nice for a bucnh of HBZ'rs to meet up who live in the northeast. I was thinking maybe the last weekend of July or first weekend in Aug for us to get together. Basicall 4 weeks from now. We can plan here on this thread.....and pm me your telephone number so I can send an email out to everyone that is coming so we have a good sense of who is who. Doesn't matter what shape your Z is in just bring it out for the day! So lets see how many people can get... I know myself. Cygnusx1, Buzz and Rags will make the even if everyone can get the same weekend free.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Clive,

I'm on vacation for both of those weeks. Spending it with the family at the shore house but I can certainly come back up for a day to hang around with some Z buddies! I can also offer up my garage, driveway, back yard and deck to shoot the s**t and do a little BBQing. I'll PM you my contact info.

Joe

You guys can have it in my back yard.... I was going to post another BBQ/Swap meet thread, and was planning it in that time frame. I have enough room for about 30-40 Z's back there...and I'm right next to Hubbard park, Meriden, CT...which is awesome for meets and photoshoots.

Guest TeamNissan

We were all down already. I know joe, will and myself were talking about one not too long ago, we really need to just get the ball rolling.

joes house, my house, air jocky etc we have plenty of places to have a little gathering. I can chip in a keg and pics of my paper weight, I think it used to be a z :-( haha.

Well, for the interested, I live in Meriden CT, which is centrally located in CT, so 1.2 hours from NYC, 1.5 hours from Boston, 2 hours from Englishtown NJ. You can Google Maps my Zip code for the distance. 06451. My house is 3 blocks away from Hubbard park, where I've had a small Z meet before. And I do have other meets at my house for Hondaswap.com, CTDrifting.com, and a few other websites.

The back yard can prolly fit about 50 Z's, and if thats still not enough room, then the road parking, some of my driveway, and the kick ass neighbors I have will also let us park on their lawns. No nails, and stock plus 1"-2" dropped Z's can make it in the back yard with no problem.

Right now I"m in the process of doing a little construction...so the house may be done by then, or still in progress...but who cares. Mini-fridge in the garage, A/C, computer, cable, TV, huge stereo, and if things work out in this month...there might be a patio with a hot tub next to the garage. I have a normal sized grill, and a few bottles of Sake. Good times always.

Mid-March meet with 18 cars in the back yard...still plenty of room for more....

http://www.geocities.jp/choshi86/2007-car-meet-a.html

And when all the "I got to leave early" guys left...then we break out the real food and drinks...and stay up all night.

http://www.geocities.jp/choshi86/2007-car-meet.html

A pic of the back yard before the grass grew in.

DSC00635.JPG

and the rest of the yard.

DSC00636.JPG

Current pics.

DSC00351.JPG

DSC00352.JPG

DSC00354.JPG

About an half acre of land.....:icon6:

Plus, bring your old parts, wheels, tires, anything you'd like to get rid of or give away, and it will be a swap meet. Toss a tarp in front of your cars and lay out some parts, with a price tag on it...and you might sell it.

*hint...I got a little money now...so tempt me please.

So how does the first weekend in Aug sound? I might have my LS1 z on the road by then. Airjockie your place seems like a great place to hang out. Maybe some of us can meet up and take a drive out there. As the entire group gathers at your place.....maybe go for a drive in your area. Then head back for food/drinks....whatever people want to do. Honestly I have been giving thought on starting an official Z club for the NYC area. Def lots of people and Z's down this way.

Guest TeamNissan

I hate to be the one to say it but maybe we should make a list of places then vote on one. Looking at this post of who is interested in going I would say CT is a little unfair. One person lives in CT, four are in NY, six in NJ.

Joe offered to host and he lives in far north Jersey, I think that makes more sense for us all.

I can throw another Monkey wrench into the works.

I own a paintball field in Northern NJ, that has a lake and cabins.

We can do it at my place, you guy scan play paintball for free, if you want, and if it gets late, cabins are available for like $50 a cabin and that sleeps 8. (cabins are not my deal, so I can't get them free or anything)