HybridZ

$3k a good deal? (56k NO WAY)

I've been searching for a local project car that my granddad and I can use for a project and found this. After meeting the guy and talking to him, we worked out that I could get it for $3k out of pocket.

The skinny, car is mostly taken apart. The engine is BRAND NEW, zero miles with build receipts and such. Some goes for the manual tranny. The drivetrain is halfway back in the car. I think the car itself has about 130k on it.

New floorpans

New framerails

100% Undercoated

New Gas Tank

Pro shaved handles

shaved key holes

molded headlight bezels

shaved roof rails

"new" paint maybe a year "old" but hasn't been driven. Sitting in storage since

full energy suspension kit, installed

aftermarket suspension....tokico and something else

bigger brakes in the front (Some sort of 4x4 swap)

New Corbeau reclining race seats with model specific mounting brackets

5 point harnesses

roll cage

Newly installed carpet, headliner, rear interior

LOTS of Dynomat

Expanding foam sprayed into some parts of the car. (A bit confused on this)

new weatherstripping

I'm sure there's stuff I'm forgetting and a lot of stuff that I don't understand but that should cover it for now. He said he never bought new door panels and a few other odds and ends...but the car is nearly 100% complete and most of the stuff is still very new or even still packaged.

I'm already pretty sure of what I should do, but I thought I'd post to make sure that I didn't miss something obvious.

PICS:

EPSN0002-1.jpg

EPSN0001-1.jpg

EPSN0003-2.jpg

EPSN0004-1.jpg

EPSN0005-1.jpg

EPSN0006-1.jpg

EPSN0007-2.jpg

EPSN0008-1.jpg

EPSN0009-1.jpg

EPSN0010-1.jpg

EPSN0011-2.jpg

EPSN0012-2.jpg

EPSN0013-1.jpg

EPSN0015-1.jpg

EPSN0016-1.jpg

EPSN0017-2.jpg

EPSN0018-2.jpg

EPSN0019-3.jpg

EPSN0020-2.jpg

EPSN0021-2.jpg

EPSN0023.jpg

is it me or are those bushing in the lca the stock ones?

And i don't really like the white faced gauge overlays but that is personal

anyhow .. 3 k is allot of money but allot of the shitty work has been done, dont forget allot still has to be done !

If you like the paint then get it! it looks like the hood needs to wet-sanded still?

That gas filler door is pretty slick.

Thankfully the air dam is not molded in. I have only seen problems with molded in airdams.

Something looks funky near the engine crossmember on the frame rails. Rivets...eek.

Thanks guys. The Rivets on the framerails were his idea of "reinforcement". Those rivets supplement tack welds holding on long strips of steel that run the length of the framerail.

The paint is slick in most parts, but here and there is could use some sanding for sure. I'm not 100% on the color, but I'm more concerned with the car being a straight platform to start with. Paint can always bee changed later. I'd hate to let this one slip by me only to by another project car and spend years and $$$ just to get it to the point that this one is at.

Hang on here. I agree the car looks sweet, but, Doesn't this look a little odd considering the "detail" he put into the underbody...

EPSN0013-1.jpg

And not to mention, I see poor coverage on the floor boards and frame rails. Looks like surface rust accumulating under that underbody coating here...

EPSN0015-1.jpg

The car is beautiful, but I'm going to call BS.