HybridZ

anyone

Guest Atronix

Guest Atronix

Anyone by gresham have any engine part for a good deal i blew up two engines allready i need a crank crank bearings and mabe new piston if someone has somethin like that laying around and wanna sell them e-mail me @ arron10c@yahoo.com

thank you and much appreciated!

• Administrators

Atronix,

First, please open this link and read the entire page, thoroughly. Your previous post was tossed for not following rule #2, this one violates #3. In this instance, the word ”anyone” in the title box doesn’t pertain to your request…

http://forums.hybridz.org/announcement.php?f=69&a=2

I’m not going to throw this one out incase someone wants to helps out…

Secondly, if you need engine parts, you need to let us know what engine you are building, L-6, is it a V-6 or V-8 conversion? What year? What displacement? If you need a crank or good used pistons, we need more specifics. Have you called any of the automotive machine shops in the area? All Automotive Machine shops have access to ALL the consumable internal parts for any engine manufactured that was made available in the US. Also, The block will need some amount of clean up and machine work so those new bearings, pistons, rings, gaskets, etc stand a better chance of not blowing up. For used parts such as blocks cranks, rods, heads, maybe good usable pistons, (if your block doesn’t need to be bored), hit the U-pull-it yards. There is one on Foster road in Damascus and one in Boring right on hwy 26 next to Ashley’s A&W that have a few Z cars and you can get complete engines for $150, you disconnect everything, they “YANK” it out with a gargantuan CAT loader.

As an engine builder, your post has me thinking something is amiss and the issue/problem isn’t being addressed, just the end result. If you blew up two engines already, I would seriously do some research before the next one scatters itself in the oil pan,

1) Why did the last 2 engines blow up? I.e. were they just thrown together with indiscriminant incompatible/incorrectly sized used internal parts, lack of maintenance, really poor state of tune, etc? If this is an L-6, Those engines are virtually bullet proof N/A. To blow up 2 of them in stock trim?...

2) What steps are you planning to lessen the possibility of scattering another engine?

Good luck and please read the entire page of the link I posted above.

Paul