HybridZ

$5.5k 28z vs $3k 260z w/dellarote triples

my friend is looking to get a z. the 280z is clean with new paint, tires, etc.. which warrantes the $5.5k price i think. and then theres a $3k 260z in pretty ok condition not immaculate w/ a delarto triple set up. i was thinking that since the 260z has a triple delarto setup it would be a good buy snce those are expensive. i know the carb setup takes more tuning than efi, but he takes his cars to mechanics anyways. so which do you guys think would be a better buy? generally speaking...

i would honestly go with the 260z as for the ac get the 260 system, two windows at sixty-miles an hour. yeah i know the wind can kill you either way, i did it in las vegas for years. which car is best for him requires a little more consideration... what does he want the car for? what is he planning to do with it, modification minded? he might want the 260z just for the price, with a friend who hangs around here:icon46:

well he'll be using it as a part time daily driver. he has a tacoma that he also uses, but he wants something fun. were both kind of getting into older cars to learn about cars. we aspire to be amateur mechanics. If there wasnt such a big price diff i would probably tell him to go with the 280z but the 260z seems like a steal