HybridZ
wingman

R200 LSD clutches

DeleriousZ    10

i'll be in for 6... my diffy's elbusto'd so hopefully it's just the friction plates that need replacing/upgrading

edit: on second thought should i toss up a thread on 88hybrid.com? i'm sure there'd be at least 1 or 2 (more) people from over there that would be interested.

wingman    10

ok guys, here's the scoop....i'm a pretty busy guy right now, i've got to relocate to the other side of phoenix for school within the next month, and that means job transfer, finding a house, etc... This has to take priority above all else at the present time, so please bear with me on this.

I have every intention of making a second run, I don't like the idea but I will take a pre-payment when I feel I'll have the time to sort everything out properly. My intention is to have a run made for double what the pre-payment amount is in increments of 30, since that's what I can get out of each sheet of steel. So if people pre-pay for 30, I will have 60 made. If people pre-pay for 45, I will have 90 made and so on and so forth. This costs me out of pocket as well, but hopefully I can make enough to come out slightly above the break-even point again.

Please bear in mind that I will follow through with this when I don't have so much on my plate that needs to be taken care of. Once I've sorted those things out (hopefully in the next two to three weeks) I'll start taking money and ordering the material.

thanks again guys

Savage42    21

Dang, nothing on this thread for almost a month. I posted 6 days ago that I need 2 sets (much sooner than later!!) and now we are approaching 50 units needed. At least someone (BURRL & I) are in a rush to get them, so we got this ball rolling! :)

Don't we all need a deadline to get going on our cars? We are pushing to make the Medford Enduro in 4 weeks, so we are on it!

wingman    10

savage42 has stepped up to the plate and is going to be taking on production of the next run for me. I just don't have the time or resources to dedicate to this right now, but I can answer questions not related to production timeline, cost, etc.. so please send any inquiries about having some made to him, thanks guys!

JMortensen    235
Folks, I have a 300ZXT 3.7 R200 Diff that is used on the street and track. How many would I need to rebuild my diff?

The idea is not to rebuild the diff. The idea is to improve on the crappy cost saving design. Reading this thread should give you an idea of why adding clutches and removing the cost saving spacer is a good idea. Shimming is what you need to do to set the breakaway torque where you want it.

http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=117818

Savage42    21
savage42 has stepped up to the plate and is going to be taking on production of the next run for me. I just don't have the time or resources to dedicate to this right now, but I can answer questions not related to production timeline, cost, etc.. so please send any inquiries about having some made to him, thanks guys!

Alright guys! With the help of Wingman and pparaska, I'm making arrangements to get a batch done up this next week. Here's the list of names and quantities based on what was called for in this thread. PM me and let me know for sure. It looks like it may be a while before another batch is made, so I'll need to have final numbers for this one run by the end of the week. They will be the same $15 price as they were sold for last time, which includes shipping. (expect for you guys in Canada, it'll just be whatever the additional amount is....shouldn't be much)

alexideways -- (verified)

Auxilary -- (verified)

Sideways -- (verified)

Savage42 -- (verified)

BURRL -- (verified)

RACINJITTER -- (verified)

Nigel -- (verified)

DeleriousZ -- (verified)

71240 -- (verified)

PETEW -- (verified)

Ryan85na87t -- (verified)

pparaska -- (verified)

Phantom -- (verified)

jgkurz -- (verified)

gearheadstik -- (verified)

MikeK280z -- (verified)

ZMIKEMAN -- (verified)

Savage42    21

Well, the idea is to have less wear on each disc with more of them and also less heat and better dissipation of heat with more surface area. With just 2 of them, when they wear, the breakaway torque is directly decreased with the amount of wear. If you can triple the discs, wear on each disc is cut by 1/3, which makes for a longer lasting, more consistent breakaway over a long period of time. So, 6 will give you 50 more than 4. (I think my math is correct) Of course, there are variables, such as heat, driving styles, abuse, etc. With a good synthetic oil and the finned diff cover, it is definitely up to the demands a Hybridz transplant for a long time!!