HybridZ

making the dash fully fabric?

k3werra

Its on the hanging racks in the back of the store. Not where the felts are located but its a martha stewart or liz claiborne or s omething HGTV ish. I think its for covering pads of seats for like dining room sets.

Awesome, thanks for the info. I'll have to swing by Jo Ann's again this weekend to see if they have it. I feel lost in a store like that, and I couldn't find anything =p

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Instantly made me think of Ghostbusters and the "Stay-Puft marshmallow man". :-)

Here is my dash done in brown leather. Was $200 from a local upholstery shop. I did not like the outcome as they covered the speaker and a/c sensor holes and it looks fat and all the plastic pieces wont fit back in. Be careful in picking your shop.

Datsun005.jpg

Streeteg,

Your interior looks great. Any chance you know if this alcantera is uv protected, as I have been warned about some micro suedes tend to fade with sunshine? I will end up covering my doors and possibly dash depending on budget...

at 30 bucks for the entire dash, shift boot, switch plate, and speaker covers i didnt care anway-- On the last car I did like this i resprayed every year. I didnt have cloth but im not worried about it.There are products you can buy to help it I am just not sure if it will affect the texture.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
at 30 bucks for the entire dash, shift boot, switch plate, and speaker covers i didnt care anway-- On the last car I did like this i resprayed every year. I didnt have cloth but im not worried about it.There are products you can buy to help it I am just not sure if it will affect the texture.

What adhesive did you use to lay it down?

What adhesive did you use to lay it down?

At JoAnn Fabrics (you can see a theme here) there is "headliner adhesive". I used that. Its unbelieveably strong--- so if I do plan on replacing it its probably not a smart move. but I neve have to worry about it coming off :). You can use any 3M stlye adhesive and it will probably do just fine--- that and the headliner stuff is like 20 bucks a can.

• 2 months later...