HybridZ

making the dash fully fabric?

k3werra

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RovDriver,

Your interior has to be by far, the best and tidiest I have ever seen. The quality of workmanship is incredible. The dash and center console suede treatment have had me drooling in awe since you first made the pics visible for all. It certainly has become my motivation and goal for my interior, of course as always dependant upon budget.

Jasons flocking treatment is another well done approach. Hmmm, might be more financially dooable....

• 2 weeks later...
RovDriver,

Your interior has to be by far, the best and tidiest I have ever seen. The quality of workmanship is incredible. The dash and center console suede treatment have had me drooling in awe since you first made the pics visible for all. It certainly has become my motivation and goal for my interior, of course as always dependant upon budget.

Jasons flocking treatment is another well done approach. Hmmm, might be more financially dooable....

Definitely a sick dash. But it just shows you how important it is to have a PROFESSIONAL cover your dash. If the stitching is anything less that perfect it will look cheap. For instance if you look at the Leather dash that was linked on the first page you'll see the stitching isnt perfectly parallel, and subsequently looks cheap. but if you look at Rovdriver's dash all the stitching is perfectly spaced from eachother. Ive seen guys do the whole suede covering w/ french stitch themselves and it looks like crap. Yes its gonna cost you an arm and a leg, but if you can't do it right dont do it at all. Flocking is for the DIY'er. I was thinking I might do something with leather on the top of the dash, and having the part that faces you in suede. I will also incorporate leather and suded into the center consol. Door panels will be CF (doing those first) - the dash and consol will be in the distant future.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

wow that is nice looking!

I'm about do paint/cover my dash, but came across this link http://www.autoanything.com/dash-mats/77A4600A3559586.aspx?PartNumber=0394-0DBK&kc=ffsku

does anyone have any experience with that type of dash "cover"?

Some pics of suede dashes in this thread.

Here is one: http://forums.hybridz.org/index.php?/topic/58031-making-the-dash-fully-fabric/page__view__findpost__p__542706