k3werra

• 9 months later...
  • Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I had my dash as well as all the plastic panels covered in Soft Touch vinyl which simulates a fine soft leather. I would rate it 10+ on the difficulty scale. 10 being the most difficult. Unless you are a expert upholsterer, covering the dash is best left up to a quality oriented professional.

PDR_21081.JPG

P10100133.JPG

P10100081.JPG

SWEET!. Other than the two-tone, this is exactly what I've been wanting to do to my dash (and more) for years.

Where do you get this "Soft Touch vinyl" you speak of? I've googled my fingers to the bone and can find nothing.

guy with the suede dash - my my that is gorgeous and exactly what i want to do with mine. I love the clean lines and how it looks factory almost. I cant WAIT to see your interior when its finished - hell- I cant wait till your car is done...

This is what Im thinking for my interior -- not sure what color stitching Im gonna get - the white you've done looks amazing. As for the door panels, instead of having the criss-cross pattern its gonna resemble the parallel lines of the stock Z door panel.

lotus1_thumb.jpg

lotus4_thumb.jpg

lotus2_thumb.jpg

has anyone tried covering there dash in suede like material by themselves? I was thinking of using like head liner material with the foam backing on one side and heat resistant glue. but the contours is probably the biggest problem of making it work

Look at classiczcars.com forum as there is a post there concerning repair of dashes with materials obtained from normal sources. The results look very good. I contacted dashesonly? in California and was quoted $1200.00 to do my 240Z dash. That convinced me to do it myself.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Over the past 5 weeks I have beenworking on my interior. Fully fabric dash, shift boot, custom switch plate in change tray and speaker boxes in place of storage boxes all wrapped in alcantara. came out pretty good if you ask me. I am gonna post up in the interior forum when I get it all finished

Did you cover the panels in the hatch area? If so please post those pics as well!

One day...if my dash cracks......I will copy Jackhammers lead. Its the standard to compare against! Beautiful job!

Over the past 5 weeks I have beenworking on my interior. Fully fabric dash, shift boot, custom switch plate in change tray and speaker boxes in place of storage boxes all wrapped in alcantara. came out pretty good if you ask me. I am gonna post up in the interior forum when I get it all finished

All interior was removed, sound deadening removed, and sprayed to match the exterior of the car. Pics will probably be up next weekend, but only progress pics-- I need to send out my tach to get recrimped because i f'd up replacing the bulb. I got all HID bulbs from superbrightleds.com for my autometers. They do 360 lighting which makes the even and bright. For now the car is rattle canned on the inside, but next year when I bring it back to paint it, I will resand and spray the inside to match. Looks good though.

The Alcantara was 15 dollars a yard from Joann Fabrics. Full writeup will come soon-- I just havent had the time with work--- and its killlllling me--- I love working on it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

My headliner needs to be redone, after reading this thread I ordered a flocking kit, It was just 50.00 shipped. Less than the cost of new headliner material. For 50 bucks I'm willing to try it. If it works and looks nice, should last forever. Will post pics, when done,should be about a week or two.:shock: If it does look nice I will put some sound deadner material above the headliner, it should also help it fit better since the regular headliner material is foam backed.

• 2 weeks later...
Mine is covered in alcantara from Joann Fabrics. Although since I didnt scotch gard and the weekend got a little cold the texture got a little more coarse from some moisture.

Trenton4.jpg

looks great! I went to Jo Ann fabrics and they didn't seem to have any alcantara or microsuede. Where was the fabric located?