HybridZ
k3werra

making the dash fully fabric?

at 30 bucks for the entire dash, shift boot, switch plate, and speaker covers i didnt care anway-- On the last car I did like this i resprayed every year. I didnt have cloth but im not worried about it.There are products you can buy to help it I am just not sure if it will affect the texture.

What adhesive did you use to lay it down?

What adhesive did you use to lay it down?

At JoAnn Fabrics (you can see a theme here) there is "headliner adhesive". I used that. Its unbelieveably strong--- so if I do plan on replacing it its probably not a smart move. but I neve have to worry about it coming off :). You can use any 3M stlye adhesive and it will probably do just fine--- that and the headliner stuff is like 20 bucks a can.

RovDriver,

Your interior has to be by far, the best and tidiest I have ever seen. The quality of workmanship is incredible. The dash and center console suede treatment have had me drooling in awe since you first made the pics visible for all. It certainly has become my motivation and goal for my interior, of course as always dependant upon budget.

Jasons flocking treatment is another well done approach. Hmmm, might be more financially dooable....

RovDriver,

Your interior has to be by far, the best and tidiest I have ever seen. The quality of workmanship is incredible. The dash and center console suede treatment have had me drooling in awe since you first made the pics visible for all. It certainly has become my motivation and goal for my interior, of course as always dependant upon budget.

Jasons flocking treatment is another well done approach. Hmmm, might be more financially dooable....

Definitely a sick dash. But it just shows you how important it is to have a PROFESSIONAL cover your dash. If the stitching is anything less that perfect it will look cheap. For instance if you look at the Leather dash that was linked on the first page you'll see the stitching isnt perfectly parallel, and subsequently looks cheap. but if you look at Rovdriver's dash all the stitching is perfectly spaced from eachother. Ive seen guys do the whole suede covering w/ french stitch themselves and it looks like crap. Yes its gonna cost you an arm and a leg, but if you can't do it right dont do it at all. Flocking is for the DIY'er. I was thinking I might do something with leather on the top of the dash, and having the part that faces you in suede. I will also incorporate leather and suded into the center consol. Door panels will be CF (doing those first) - the dash and consol will be in the distant future.

wow that is nice looking!

I'm about do paint/cover my dash, but came across this link http://www.autoanything.com/dash-mats/77A4600A3559586.aspx?PartNumber=0394-0DBK&kc=ffsku

does anyone have any experience with that type of dash "cover"?

Some pics of suede dashes in this thread.

Here is one: http://forums.hybridz.org/index.php?/topic/58031-making-the-dash-fully-fabric/page__view__findpost__p__542706