HybridZ

280z N/A question

.I am still new to the z's i don't know if there is an existing thread like this one. I have a question about the exhaust manifold on a 75 280z n/a. I was wondering if i could use a turbo manifold from a zx and put it on the 280z n/a to make it turbo'd. If so do I need dished pistons for the extra pressure going into the engine, or can i use the flat tops. what would it do.

Basically all i would like to know is can I make my stock n/a engine turbo'd without swaping it out without a zx motor, and do I need to get dished pistons, or can i keep the flat tops?

If anyone can help me just reply or pm me

Tom

.I am still new to the z's i don't know if there is an existing thread like this one. I have a question about the exhaust manifold on a 75 280z n/a. I was wondering if i could use a turbo manifold from a zx and put it on the 280z n/a to make it turbo'd. If so do I need dished pistons for the extra pressure going into the engine, or can i use the flat tops. what would it do.

Basically all i would like to know is can I make my stock n/a engine turbo'd without swaping it out without a zx motor, and do I need to get dished pistons, or can i keep the flat tops?

If anyone can help me just reply or pm me

Tom

YES 100% DOABLE! and no you do not need dished pistons... me and a buddy did a turbo swap for him and that ment stock motor and stock everything except injectors since he had ms... and tada it was turbo, but you dont need all that stuff just recomended for a longer lasting faster motor....

what do you mean by a faster motor? when I use the flat tops will it give me a increase in the compression ratio? and what about a turbo camshaft is it needed

fastermotor = typo lol... i mean like are you a poor guy doing a motor build like me? or do you have money ready to burn? it all depends how deep your motor is...