HybridZ

2jzge time

280zx_sliding

hey guys i havent yet gotten the motor and tranny and all the goodies. but listen to this deal i have a friend who has a supra and recently decuded to put a motor in that could handle 4 digit hp. well i was talking to him today and he said hes going to sell his motor. i instantly got interested. i asked him how much and he said 5. i was like 5g? he said no 500. i was like ill buy it. without hesitation. so he was like really? i told him my plans to put it in my s130. he was like cool cool. so here is what im getting. it is a jdm 2jz with automatic tranny, ecu and wiring harness. the motor has less then 60,000 miles so im going to still take it apart and do a little building. so do you guys have any suggestions? i have read about the na-t and ive read every forum in the toyota sub-section. so i have done a little research. one question i have is should i get rid of the steering box or will the intake be high enough to not hit it.

hey guys i havent yet gotten the motor and tranny and all the goodies. but listen to this deal i have a friend who has a supra and recently decuded to put a motor in that could handle 4 digit hp. well i was talking to him today and he said hes going to sell his motor. i instantly got interested. i asked him how much and he said 5. i was like 5g? he said no 500. i was like ill buy it. without hesitation. so he was like really? i told him my plans to put it in my s130. he was like cool cool. so here is what im getting. it is a jdm 2jz with automatic tranny, ecu and wiring harness. the motor has less then 60,000 miles so im going to still take it apart and do a little building. so do you guys have any suggestions? i have read about the na-t and ive read every forum in the toyota sub-section. so i have done a little research. one question i have is should i get rid of the steering box or will the intake be high enough to not hit it.

Are you from the states? He swapped in a JDM 2jz-ge?

They are slightly different in several ways.

They use MAP-based airflow measurement, and the stock ECU does not like positive boost pressure (much like Honda ECUs). They also have a speed limiter (which can be fixed easily enough).

With the transmission, thats a pretty good deal. Are you getting the ignitor and other misc parts? Planning on running the automagic?

ya i am from texas. he got the car from a guy in vegas who had a porsce caymen s and a nsx in the garage. so in other words the guy has tons of cash. im getting everything except engine mounts. and drive shaft. if i find him a 6 speed 2jz tranny and get it for him ill get all the stuff for free. so the japanese motors have speed limiters on them also? also i have no clue what automagic is can you elaborate for me. the owner said i can run up to 12 psi with out changing to a 3 bar map sensor and 16 on the stock internals. does this sound about right

another question i was wandering. ive read alot about doing a sbc swap but when this deal popped up i jumped. so my question is with the automatic tranny what will i be looking for with driveshafts. is there one that will fit and is there one that will hold good power. also how does the weight of the engine and tranny compare to a 280zx non tubo standard tranny?