HybridZ

Short short video of my 280z t

proxlamus©

Is it safe to assume you have no muffler on it right now? Because it sounds exactly like what all the ones I built sounded like when they were run with open exhaust. I really enjoyed the "burble" at idle. I think I did about 10 of the L28 turbo swaps starting back in '94. It was the absolute easiest way to make power in an S30. I was barely 21 when I did my first and had pretty much no money. The junkyards in San Diego were full of ZX turbos though. $230 out the door for the complete motor with computer and harness. I would find a non running Z, swap the turbo motor in and then sell the car. It was a pretty good gig for a couple of years. I enjoyed doing the work and it put some extra money in my pocket. The funniest part is that I spent 2 days straight color coding the wiring schematic and when I found how easy it was to run the stock computer and harness I felt like I was Ben Franklin discovering electricity. Anyhow, hearing your car brought that all back. Thanks.

Brian

ya that sounds like my car right now lol i just have the stock dp with the short piece of exhaust that was before the cat and nothing else. i need to change my clutch so i havent put a muffler back on. actually i have one on there from when it was na its just not connected

• 8 years later...