HybridZ

supra engine mount pics needed!

v8dats

i have a jdm engine and my block mounts cant be bolted on without them hitting my steering shaft.

i heard that there might be different block mounts for different chassis and that the supra mounts dont stick out as far.

if anyone has any info or pics,please help me out!

Here is what i have Mike.

here is the driver's side.

STA60111.JPG

STA60103.JPG

STA60102.JPG

and here are the mounts that i have.

STA60110.JPG

they are freaking huge!(compared to yours)

the passenger side is ok and would make for an easy mount to the framerail..

STA60107.JPG

STA60106.JPG

If your engine is an Aristo JDM engine (originally front sump) then that is probalby your problem. As Mike mentioned moving to USDM Supra TT mounts will make them not extend out as far the mounts you have now. I would show you mine but they are at the fabricator. If you need part numbers let me know. Your engine mount rubber pieces look to be correct though.

Toyota dealer part #

12315-46041 Bracket, Engine List$:83.94 each

12311-46041 Bracket, Engine List$: 83.94 each

FYI:

The part numbers above are for the late model Supra engine brackets (model years 97-98). There is also early model Supra engine brackets(model years 93-96). In addition the engine insulators (rubber mounts) were different for the same model years as listed above for the engine brackets.

The late model (97-98) engine brackets are sligtly longer than the 93-96 engine brackets

The late model insulators are slightly shorter than the early model insulators.

Mixing and matching the parts can give some wiggle room on engine heights. I learned all of this from speaking to one of the Toyota dealership guys that sells parts on Supraforums. For my 240z install, I'm using the later model stuff for no reason other than the dealership could get them the fastest. I know of no performance difference between the two. I highly recommend browsing the Supraforums website to learn even more about these engines if you have the time or care to.

So far your project is looking great. Congrats.

thanks for you help.

i cant post on supra forums and there is n search function.

i tried reading all of the 'newbie posts' and the rules.

but i cant post to even ask a question.

thanks again and thanks for the compliment!

I understand about Supra forums totally. No search function for almost a year now and not very post friendly. If you have any other questions just ask. I have been prepraring for my swap for like 4 years it seems so I've read up a lot on this stuff. I almost have to pinch myself to believe my swap is actually in progress.

oatmilk

• 3 weeks later...
Guest RuThLeSsNiCa03

hey i got da same project going on but just started the motor just got here but i was wondering if you can help me and give me some big pointers of stuff that i will need to get started and also im not a fan of wiring how hard is that going to be PLEASE reply im seeking for the most help so i dont have to start facing troubles as i install the engine (1JZ though) thanx a mill...

With regards to wiring I'm not there yet. I'll let you know what I have accumulated though:

OBD-1 USDM 2jzgte complete engine wiring harness

I will also be getting a HKS V-Pro harness for the 2jzgte supra.

The critical things you need for a 1jz as I see it are:

1jzgte jdm engine with wiring harness and ecu if possible

1jzgte flywheel

7mgte R-154 5 speed tranny

7mgte clutch kit

electric fuel injection fuel pump

modifed stock fuel tank with a sump added to it

fuel surge tank

custom engine mounts (Mazworx if they are close to you would be good) but depending on your skill you can also do it yourself I suppose.

custom driveshaft

custom fuel lines (stock lines may be able to be utilized)

1jzgte ecu or a aftermarket stand alone ecu(MS2, HKS, Power FC, AEM...)

The 1jz stock engine mounts should be very similar if not exact to the part numbers I listed above. If you have a specific question I'll be glad to help as much as possible.