HybridZ

9 second RB30 street 240z nearing completion

RIPSNZ

The car has been to get wired up and alot more little things have been finished, the head is ready to go on and then it's exhaust and a few other small things, hope to be racing end of october.

I'm off over seas for 10 days so it'll be all on when I get back.

Regarding the mains cradle: world record 1600hp+ GTR still has stock cast cradle.

Mains studs: I want to test the upper limits of what I sell, no point building something different to what I have sold alot of is there.

Stock crank: I know of at least 1 1100+whp RB with a stock crank and no reliability issues with the crank at all, same thing, my motors use stock cranks so I want to test the upper limits.

We've never had a failier of any kind and we've had some very good results so if and when I break any of the above I'll address it.

Rob

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm just curious, Rob.

Would opting out for a different crank that is made of lighter and stronger material benefit the goals of this build in any way? or would it just cause more headaches?

I ask because usually a crank is the last thing people buy for japanese engines for whatever reason (probably because of the material cost and shipping/handling charges), and I'm wondering... since you've done a lot to make this engine capable, whats next? lol.

surely there has to be some advantages to the available crank designs that aren't only related to strength, no?

Sticking with what you've been using reliably in similar applications makes the most sense to me as well, but what would one gain from changing cranks?

Alot of aftermarket full counter cranks are in fact heavier than stock, sure they are stronger but I'm sure in a well setup engine the stock crank has huge potential.

If we start to damage the stock crank through power outputs we'll install a custom billet crank and compare.

Rob

Ahh, so I guess the only benefit is the rigidity and counterweights. It seems a lot of RB engines can do without it, so it's easy to understand why you've kept the factory unit.

(can you take a look a little later in the evening at the thread regarding block cracks that I made? I'll be posting pictures later)

Any news on the car itself? How'd the wiring go, or what challenges have you come across in getting the proper setup.

Keep on keepin' on!

Update time:

We've been chipping away at lots of little jobs and most of the wiring is done for the Link G3 ecu.

Catch tank:

rips240zcatchtanknz0.jpg

Intercooler pipes:

rips240zintercoolerpipedx4.jpg

rips240zintercoolerpipeqs2.jpg

Parachute pack is now installed:

rips240zparachute001jj5.jpg

Just need to weld the cable mount to the cage and we're done:

rips240zparachute002qy2.jpg

The intercooler is almost finished:

rips240zintercoolertankki1.jpg

We have some fully treaded street tyres so there is no dought about this car being in full street trim:

rips240zsparetyres001zp2.jpg

Thats about it for now but we are getting closer to being finished every day.

Rob

• 2 weeks later...