HybridZ

looked and no answer...

i used the search button and could not find an answer that fits my question....

in my 76 i think i have found out why it is not running 100% i believe that the fuel tank is full of crap!.... and here in town to clean it is around 250+ for an actuall good job.... and i was thinking since it would cost me around 300+ for everything why not just get a fuel cell..... my question is... can i run a fuel cell with my su's can i use my fuel pump that i have right now... and how would you do the plumbing for the fuel lines.... like could i use the original metal fuel lines? And is the install hard?

I used a fuel cell in my 77 just to get me by until I got another Z to drive while I'm fixing it up. Of course I don't have SUs, but it's not going to make a difference. A tank is a tank in that respect. I just used the factory lines and extended them to go into the back hatch where I had the cell mounted.

Guest Death69

what?!? you live in vegas and cant find a place that will do it for you? huh, well i guess youll have to look for a place in cali for that. you sure there is no place that can do it for you?

Isn't there "stuff" you can pour into your tank to trap the rust and seal the interior? I want to say it's a two-part epoxy you pour in and slosh around to guarantee that it's spread evenly, then let it harden. Memory hazy, old age catching up...

Well.... The 240Z tanks have a handy drain plug. This might make doing it yourself a little easier.

There is a product from the same folks that make POR15 that seals the inside of the tank with a tough layer of paint-like stuff. You must remove and clean the tank first. Then you pour the tank sealer in and slosh it around the inside of the tank.

If you are going to do this yourself... I reccommend extreme caution when handling fuel. Flushing the tank with water several times is a good idea. That is what the drain plug is handy for(flushing the tank).